Forces question pls help

Watch this thread
Sonnysingh22
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
A wooden block is stationary on a ramp.
The diagram isn’t drawn to scale.
The block has weight W. The normal contact force on the block is N. The frictional force F on the block is shown on the diagram. Which triangle of forces diagram is correct?

A
B
C
Or D

Can someone please help me with this :/
Sonnysingh22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
(Original post by Sonnysingh22)
A wooden block is stationary on a ramp.
The diagram isn’t drawn to scale.
The block has weight W. The normal contact force on the block is N. The frictional force F on the block is shown on the diagram. Which triangle of forces diagram is correct?

A
B
C
Or D

Can someone please help me with this :/
Name:  37D0D90A-7AA8-4876-B9E7-65802249E29E.jpeg
Views: 105
Size:  9.6 KBName:  6C5F9A99-9FC6-4076-B62E-A4590E916807.jpeg
Views: 110
Size:  15.9 KB
mqb2766
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
You seem to be posting a lot of multichoice test questions?
What do you understand about the question?
Sonnysingh22
Rep:
(Original post by mqb2766)
You seem to be posting a lot of multichoice test questions?
What do you understand about the question?
I found a pack of multiple choice questions online and I’m doing them as revision but I don’t know how to do the ones I’ve posted that’s why I have.

I understand that weight is acting down and the normal contact force is acting to the left so I thought the answer is B but I’m not sure
mqb2766
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
I found a pack of multiple choice questions online and I’m doing them as revision but I don’t know how to do the ones I’ve posted that’s why I have.

I understand that weight is acting down and the normal contact force is acting to the left so I thought the answer is B but I’m not sure
If it's for your own revision, why not stop posting new questions and think/read about the topic underpinning each question. You'll learn more that way, which I presume is your aim of you're just randomly doing online questions.

Where did you find them, Id be interested in seeing them.
djarlin
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
answer is B
Sonnysingh22
Rep:
(Original post by mqb2766)
If it's for your own revision, why not stop posting new questions and think/read about the topic underpinning each question. You'll learn more that way, which I presume is your aim of you're just randomly doing online questions.

Where did you find them, Id be interested in seeing them.
That’s what I have been doing. I have worked all of them out but these ones are the ones I’m still stuck on, that’s why I’m suggesting answers to you because I’ve already done the questions I just don’t know if they are right or if I am on the right lines.

I’ll find them again and attach the link.
Sonnysingh22
Rep:
(Original post by djarlin)
answer is B
Thank you
djarlin
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Thank you
here's the explanation!
Name:  20210324_134505-compressed.jpg.jpeg
Views: 61
Size:  15.1 KB
Sonnysingh22
Rep:
here's the explanation!
Name:  20210324_134505-compressed.jpg.jpeg
Views: 61
Size:  15.1 KB
Thank you so much, I appreciate it!!
djarlin
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Thank you so much, I appreciate it!!
you're welcome! but there was a little mistake in where i put the angle, its actually supposed to be opposite mg sin theta 😅 the rest is correct once you fix that. and im happy to help anytime, mcqs are tough man. Name:  20210324_135148-compressed.jpg.jpeg
Views: 39
Size:  15.5 KB
Sonnysingh22
Rep:
you're welcome! but there was a little mistake in where i put the angle, its actually supposed to be opposite mg sin theta 😅 the rest is correct once you fix that. and im happy to help anytime, mcqs are tough man. Name:  20210324_135148-compressed.jpg.jpeg
Views: 39
Size:  15.5 KB
Ah I know what you’re saying bro they’re so hard, they take me so long to do so thank you for the help. I’ve done these questions I just don’t know if I’m right if I send you a few can you let me know what you think?
djarlin
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Ah I know what you’re saying bro they’re so hard, they take me so long to do so thank you for the help. I’ve done these questions I just don’t know if I’m right if I send you a few can you let me know what you think?
yeah ofcourse! if u take maths they'll be easier but without is totally doable too.
Sonnysingh22
Rep:
yeah ofcourse! if u take maths they'll be easier but without is totally doable too.
I don’t do maths so it makes it a bit harder :/

A tennis ball is hit with a racket. The force applied by the racket of the ball is F. The ball has a vertical path through the air.

Which statement is correct when the ball is at its maximum height?

A The ball has downward acceleration
B The force acting on the ball is F
C The ball experiences greatest drag
D The weight of the ball is equal to the drag

I’m not sure about this one but I was thinking A?
Last edited by Sonnysingh22; 1 year ago
djarlin
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
I don’t do maths so it makes it a bit harder :/

A tennis ball is hit with a racket. The force applied by the racket of the ball is F. The ball has a vertical path through the air.

Which statement is correct when the ball is at its maximum height?

A The ball has downward acceleration
B The force acting on the ball is F
C The ball experiences greatest drag
D The weight of the ball is equal to the drag

I’m not sure about this one but I was thinking A?
omg hate these kind of vague qs. but on the other hand A sounds correct!!! at max height acceleration is zero bc speed/ velocity is zero which is because net force is zero. the only force acting throughout motion is gravity which causes the acceleration and deceleration and momentary stop ( max height) of the ball before it falls back down. this is a terminal velocity concept question btw, and a good one that you can add to your notes
Sonnysingh22
Rep:
omg hate these kind of vague qs. but on the other hand A sounds correct!!! at max height acceleration is zero bc speed/ velocity is zero which is because net force is zero. the only force acting throughout motion is gravity which causes the acceleration and deceleration and momentary stop ( max height) of the ball before it falls back down. this is a terminal velocity concept question btw, and a good one that you can add to your notes
Thank you so much! Can you also help me with this question:

The oscillator is forced to oscillate at different frequencies. The graph of amplitude A against driving frequency f for the oscillator is shown.
Name:  AF677034-FD2E-4C38-80D3-2CADF2A013B6.jpeg
Views: 33
Size:  6.1 KB
The damping on the oscillator is now decreased. Which of the following statements is/are correct?

1 the amplitude of the oscillations at any frequency decreases.
2 the maximum amplitude occurs at a lower frequency.
3 the peak on the graph becomes thinner.

Idk about this one. I think it is C but not really sure ?
Sonnysingh22
Rep:
and this question:

the gravitational force between two point mass objects X and Y is F1.
The mass of X increases and the distance between X and Y is halved.
which statement about the new gravitational force F2 between these two objects is correct?

a 0 < F2 < 0.25F1
b F2 > 4F1
c F2 = F1
d 2F1 < F2 < 4F1

for this I guessed A but I don’t think that’s right

all these questions I have tried to work them out but these were the ones I found hard, I really hate multiple choice
Sonnysingh22
Rep:
The diagram below shows two energy levels for the electron in the hydrogen atom Name:  7311F1A2-7645-43C5-96A9-6446431C3480.jpeg
Views: 62
Size:  8.6 KB
The electron makes the transition shown by the arrow. What is the wavelength of the photon emitted?

For this my working:

E = hc/landa
(-1.36 x 10^-19) + (-5.44 x 10^-19) = -6.8 x 10^-19

-6.8 x 10^-19 = 6.63 x 10^-34 x 3 x 10^8 / landa

Wavelength = 1.989 x 10^-25 / -6.8 x 10^-19 = -2.925 x 10^-7

That’s what I got
But the multiple choice question answers are:
366nm
1460nm
293nm
And 488nm

So I’m not sure if I’ve gone wrong or if I was completely wrong
Sonnysingh22
Rep:
Recent analysis of the data collected from the Hubble and Gaia telescope gave the Hubble constant a value of 73.5kms-1Mpc-1.

What is the value, written to 2 significant figures in s-1?
For this I think it is B
Sonnysingh22
Rep:
The velocity v against time t graphs for four objects A B C and D are shown below:

Name:  91ACF819-FD23-404E-BF1C-FD1CEAD68E32.jpeg
Views: 53
Size:  15.8 KB
Which object travels the greatest distance between t= 0 and t = T?

I put A because the gradient is the steepest but I’m not sure again
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE English Language Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (70)
19.18%
The paper was reasonable (135)
36.99%
Not feeling great about that exam... (108)
29.59%
It was TERRIBLE (52)
14.25%

Watched Threads