Yudin
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I am thinking about going to LSE to do management. However many people told me that Management degree is not well respected as it does not specify in any specific area... Additionally I heard that there could be issues with employment after graduation. What do you guys think about it?
anonymous3386
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
if u graduate from LSE with a management degree, you will be more employable than a person who has graduated from a more 'specific' degree like econ from 2nd tier uni's like Nottingham or Warwick

plus the name LSE is amazing to get a job in IB whatever degree you do from there.

hope that helps
artful_lounger
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Most generalist business related grad schemes don't care what you studied previously. Banking roles only care whether you went to a target uni and got some relevant internships while an undergrad (and LSE is certainly a target uni). So it doesn't really matter.

From the perspective of intellectual curiosity and personal development, management seems like a pretty sad and unimaginative option though. Given that employers don't care what you study, you may as well pick something that you have a real interest in that you likely wouldn't or won't have the opportunity to study as such in the future (e.g. anthropology, egyptology, philosophy, maths, physics, classics, modern languages; whatever floats your boat).
Yudin
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by anonymous3386)
if u graduate from LSE with a management degree, you will be more employable than a person who has graduated from a more 'specific' degree like econ from 2nd tier uni's like Nottingham or Warwick

plus the name LSE is amazing to get a job in IB whatever degree you do from there.

hope that helps
I also have an offer from KCL to do economics and from Bristol for Econs&Finance next year, what do you think about it, is any good?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (136)
4.84%
Uncertainty around my education (412)
14.65%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (316)
11.24%
Lack of purpose or motivation (395)
14.05%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (127)
4.52%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (171)
6.08%
Loneliness (244)
8.68%
Financial worries (101)
3.59%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (113)
4.02%
Exposure to negative news/social media (131)
4.66%
Lack of real life entertainment (151)
5.37%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (247)
8.78%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (268)
9.53%

Watched Threads