The Student Room Group

Too late for pgce application

hello,

I’ve just sent off my PGCE application. I applied for one university led route & two school direct routes.

Couldve had it sent at the start of the month, but my references were taking the piss.

Anyways, is it too late to be hopeful about my PGCE application & also, how long does it take for them to reply?

Thanks in advance.
Original post by Blamecovid
hello,

I’ve just sent off my PGCE application. I applied for one university led route & two school direct routes.

Couldve had it sent at the start of the month, but my references were taking the piss.

Anyways, is it too late to be hopeful about my PGCE application & also, how long does it take for them to reply?

Thanks in advance.

I asked a similar question yesterday (for PGDE Maths - Physics Secondary in Scotland). The feedback I got from the 2021 Entry group was quite positive --- that is wasn't too late.

However, I think there are large dependencies on whether you are Primary/Secondary and the subject you choose to teach, if Secondary.

Lots of folk who applied by the deadline in January still haven't had their final feedback yet - interviews are still being booked/taking place.

Of course, this is all with respect to Scotland but I'd imagine it's a similar situation in England.

You could contact the institutions directly to ask? :smile:
Absolutely not too late (particularly for maths).
Reply 3
Original post by Mipha1311
I asked a similar question yesterday (for PGDE Maths - Physics Secondary in Scotland). The feedback I got from the 2021 Entry group was quite positive --- that is wasn't too late.

However, I think there are large dependencies on whether you are Primary/Secondary and the subject you choose to teach, if Secondary.

Lots of folk who applied by the deadline in January still haven't had their final feedback yet - interviews are still being booked/taking place.

Of course, this is all with respect to Scotland but I'd imagine it's a similar situation in England.

You could contact the institutions directly to ask? :smile:

Just received my first interview today! So I’m a little hopeful for getting an offer from my other two places now. Thankyou so much for your reply x
Reply 4
Original post by Mr M
Absolutely not too late (particularly for maths).

I didn’t apply for a specific subject but I’ve received my first interview. Thankyou!
Original post by Blamecovid
Just received my first interview today! So I’m a little hopeful for getting an offer from my other two places now. Thankyou so much for your reply x

Fantastic news! :biggrin: I hope it goes well for you!
Hi all, same for Modern Languages, at least at Sussex. I thought I was getting in there way too late but I finally applied yesterday and I have an interview next week! Slightly freaking out but at this point I'm just glad they still have vacancies :biggrin:
Reply 7
Original post by GwenT
Hi all, same for Modern Languages, at least at Sussex. I thought I was getting in there way too late but I finally applied yesterday and I have an interview next week! Slightly freaking out but at this point I'm just glad they still have vacancies :biggrin:

Happy for you! Congratulations! Hope it all goes well for you. X
Thanks! Congrats to you and good luck! x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending