Alyssa Drysdale
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi all,

Hoping someone would be able to help me, mostly in the terms of calming my nerves regarding a car query I have.

I have a 63 plate C1 that I have now owned for over a year and so far so good. I passed my MOT in September with no advisories. I also put the car in for a full service on the 3rd of March (2021) and everything came back absolutely fine, nothing needing replaced. The battery was also replaced last November so it is barely four months old. However, yesterday I drove about 15/20 minutes to work, came back about four hours later and turned the car on and it took several seconds longer for the car to turn over fully. It did give me a bit of a fright because it has never done this before and I was honestly thinking that my car battery had died. The car did turn, first try, just took longer and the car itself drove absolutely fine, no issues and no concerns.

I spoke to a friend of mine who has been driving for longer than me and has had numerous cars with various number plates including a 17 plate one and he said that I shouldn't worry as even his cars have done that before.

I just cannot put my finger on what happened especially with it having a new battery and just had a service several weeks prior. I am not going to be using the car again until this weekend where I will be driving 40 minutes to see my boyfriend, who we have agreed to an extended household.

So, should I be worried or could it really just be a one off thing that happens sometimes?

Thanks again!
roo02
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
yeah I wouldn't be worried - my car sometimes takes ten - fifteen seconds to start
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (199)
5.05%
Uncertainty around my education (571)
14.5%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (443)
11.25%
Lack of purpose or motivation (541)
13.74%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (196)
4.98%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (236)
5.99%
Loneliness (331)
8.41%
Financial worries (145)
3.68%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (154)
3.91%
Exposure to negative news/social media (178)
4.52%
Lack of real life entertainment (221)
5.61%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (353)
8.96%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (370)
9.4%

Watched Threads