should i lose weight?

Watch
nikki.maria
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
i’m a 17 yo girl, i’m 5ft1 but i weigh 122lbs & my waist is 28 inches which is quite large for my height but both my hips and ribs are wide. should i lose weight?
CynicalHair
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Calculate your BMI, hips to waist ratio and body fat percentage. That will give you a much better idea than just weight.
Isame
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
no
Isame
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
im 5ft 3, 140lbs and 30 inch waist. Im also a female kickboxer. You seem fine
auiii
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by nikki.maria)
i’m a 17 yo girl, i’m 5ft1 but i weigh 122lbs & my waist is 28 inches which is quite large for my height but both my hips and ribs are wide. should i lose weight?
if you like the way you currently look, no. if you think losing weight would make you love yourself more go for it.
Phantom Ghost
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
**** what people think if your living a happy lifestyle and forget about what others think live your life. only care about what you think about yourself if your happy with yourself thats what matters and dont try and change your weight for friends or any guys **** em. live life. if u still wanna loose weight just watch what you eat and replace certain foods if thats a challenge. for a week or month carry on eating as you do but add fruit and vehetables to your foods and keeping your propotions same but over time once you get into habit of using vegetables and stuff slowly decrease your food portions and eat more healthy. if you dont want to eat healthy then just carry on eating as you do and do some exercise may it be home exercises or outside for a jog or run
Phantom Ghost
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
your weight is fine though
Anon2987
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by nikki.maria)
122ibs is so small you don’t need to lose weight ❤️ If you want to improve your body just eat healthy but don’t cut calories and do weight workouts xx
Surnia
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by auiii)
if you like the way you currently look, no. if you think losing weight would make you love yourself more go for it.
That is poor advice. Some people suffer with body image, and think they need to lose weight even when they don't need to and it would put them at too low a weight.

Things like hips are bone; you can't do much to ultimately change how wide they are.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (184)
5.03%
Uncertainty around my education (537)
14.68%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (405)
11.07%
Lack of purpose or motivation (504)
13.78%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (180)
4.92%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (221)
6.04%
Loneliness (309)
8.45%
Financial worries (134)
3.66%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (145)
3.96%
Exposure to negative news/social media (164)
4.48%
Lack of real life entertainment (209)
5.72%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (326)
8.91%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (339)
9.27%

Watched Threads