The Student Room Group

Do I put a job I left without notice for my DBS check?

I got a new job and have a DBS Check for it. When I was 18 I got my first job and I absolutely hated it; it was too physically demanding so I left without notice 2 days later. I know what I did was incredibly stupid and unprofessional. I will regret it for the rest of my life, and I will never do it again.
I'm filling in the detail for my dbs now and it says to input the last 3 years of employment, and that job falls into it.. I'm unsure whether to include it, and if I do, what do I put as my reason for leaving?
Original post by xjsjxjekdjd
I got a new job and have a DBS Check for it. When I was 18 I got my first job and I absolutely hated it; it was too physically demanding so I left without notice 2 days later. I know what I did was incredibly stupid and unprofessional. I will regret it for the rest of my life, and I will never do it again.
I'm filling in the detail for my dbs now and it says to input the last 3 years of employment, and that job falls into it.. I'm unsure whether to include it, and if I do, what do I put as my reason for leaving?

Unsuited
Original post by xjsjxjekdjd

You could put it on and just put that you didn't like the job as your reason for leaving. A DBS check is to check if you have a criminal record, so it won't be bothered about why you left jobs.
If you have had several other jobs since, I'd be tempted to not put it down at all.
Yes you should. Lying or omission about it gives your new employer an opportunity to dismiss you for which you have no recourse.
Original post by barnet1471
Yes you should. Lying or omission about it gives your new employer an opportunity to dismiss you for which you have no recourse.

I'm not condoning lying or omitting important stuff. But a job that lasted 2 days isnt gonna be worth much to a new employer. Yes- the OP should have given the correct notice and done things properly at the time but they realise that. It depends on how many other jobs they have had. If it's the only job they have had, then yeah, best to mention it. Just beware you won't get a reference from them. But if they have had several other jobs before/since then, then it probably won't hurt to omit it. They are hardly going to be going to them for a reference or anything.
Plus this is a DBS check that the OP is talking about If you haven't got any sort of police record then you will be fine.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending