The Student Room Group

Parents protest outside school because of cartoon of Muhammad

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/news/local-news/batley-grammar-school-issues-statement-20254608

The teacher that was taking a lesson on religious education has now been suspended pending investigation.

Edit: BBC article.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-56524850
(edited 3 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I love that a satirical cartoon is "totally unacceptable" but religious texts full of divisive hatred and violence is totally fine.
Original post by Ascend
I love that a satirical cartoon is "totally unacceptable" but religious texts full of divisive hatred and violence is totally fine.

Homophobia :yeah:
Blasphemy :mob:
Reply 3
Original post by DiddyDec
https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/news/local-news/batley-grammar-school-issues-statement-20254608

The teacher that was taking a lesson on religious education has now been suspended pending investigation.

Kuffarophobe snowflakes.
Reply 4

And shouldn't the police be giving the protestors a kicking for breaching Covid rules?
I do wonder what the school would deem as an "appropriate" cartoon of mohammed looks like.
Reply 6
I do wonder what the school would deem as an "appropriate" cartoon of mohammed looks like.

All roads lead to... 👇

Blasphemy :mob:

Edit: BBC article.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-56524850

"Pending investigation": apparently an independent investigation - which just as well, since the head teacher has already made up his mind and come down against the suspended teacher, saying that the picture “completely inappropriate” and “had the capacity to cause great offence". I hope the teacher's union is supportive, if they're a member.

It seems according to Facebook, of course to be taken with some scepticism.

The "offensive" cartoon was in fact that drawn by Charlie Hebdo during a discussion about the terrorist attack on the offices by Islamist terrorists.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 9
In the spirit of @Plantagenet Crown, this thread needs some good old Jesus and Mo.

Absolutely ridiculous. Hopefully the teacher is cleared and allowed to stay as showing Mo and mocking him is totally legal and protected by freedom of speech.
I have no problem with a controversial cartoon of Muhammad being shown in an RE lesson. For sake of balance, the teacher should accompany this with an explanation for why Muslims consider it offensive.

Schools have a duty to embed British values into their lessons. Censoring material because some chose to take offensive is not a British value. The school are wrong to suspend the teacher and wrong to remove it as a lesson resource.
i bet the DM are rage w@nking over this
Reply 13
The sooner these people realise that religous views or personal beliefs warrant no special treatment / automatic respect, the better.
Original post by yeetouttawindow
i bet the DM are rage w@nking over this

They certainly are, I purposely didn't include their article.
Liberals are insane and narcissistic...

Imagine being invited to somebody's house, the host is really welcoming and kind. They give you a beautiful meal and lots of drink, compliments you excessively and even gives you money for you to do what you want with. And then at the end of the evening spits in your face and says everything you believe in worthless.

That's the experience that Muslims find themselves in. Muslims on the whole think those drawings are the most offensive things people can do. That is their culture for better or worse and Is s known fact about them.

If people don't like that about Muslims then they shouldn't support bringing them into the country. It's really that simple. This is the equivalent of me bringing over a Jewish friend and getting outraged when they get angry because they don't like my Holocaust jokes.

Liberals wondering why there's Islamic extremism and they do this whilst bombing their countries smh. How about if we have to mock their religion and bomb their countries not let them into our country or if we let them in not bomb their countries and mock Islam. Or ideally we don't bomb their countries, we don't insult Islam and limit immigration...
Original post by Starship Trooper

Imagine being invited to somebody's house, the host is really welcoming and kind. They give you a beautiful meal and lots of drink, compliments you excessively and even gives you money for you to do what you want with. And then at the end of the evening spits in your face and says everything you believe in worthless.

That's the experience that Muslims find themselves in. Muslims on the whole think those drawings are the most offensive things people can do. That is their culture for better or worse and Is s known fact about them.

If people don't like that about Muslims then they shouldn't support bringing them into the country. It's really that simple. This is the equivalent of me bringing over a Jewish friend and getting outraged when they get angry because they don't like my Holocaust jokes.

Liberals wondering why there's Islamic extremism and they do this whilst bombing their countries smh. How about if we have to mock their religion and bomb their countries not let them into our country or if we let them in not bomb their countries and mock Islam. Or ideally we don't bomb their countries, we don't insult Islam and limit immigration...

It is strange that you are accusing others of being insane when you are complaining about the free expression of cartoons that Muslims regard as offensive, yet in another thread you are raging about censorship over something as irrelevant as Dr. Seuss books. You may want to develop some consistency in your beliefs.
Original post by Cheese Bits
It is strange that you are accusing others of being insane when you are complaining about the free expression of cartoons that Muslims regard as offensive, yet in another thread you are raging about censorship over something as irrelevant as Dr. Seuss books. You may want to develop some consistency in your beliefs.

There is no inconsistency.

I think people should be able to draw whatever they want even if it's very offensive. I just think it's funny when liberals get shocked that minorities don't agree with their secular sensibilities.
the teacher would have known what happened to his colleague Mr Paty in France ... why on earth would he show these cartoons in a school with many Muslim pupils ?
Reply 19
Original post by Starship Trooper

I would point out the distinction between actual liberals and the queer American perversion of the term (meaning SJW leftist lunatic) two very different things

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending