Parents protest outside school because of cartoon of Muhammad

Watch
caravaggio2
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
"The Purpose of Life " must have known what they were doing and the danger they were putting him and his family in when they did it.
Julia Hartley Brewer was interviewing a representative of them yesterday and asked him if he agreed that it was a worse crime to kill the teacher than to show the image of Mohamad. He danced around the subject and prevaricated not answering.
She asked him again, same result. After four or five tries she said "I'll ask you one ;last time. Is it worse to kill somebody than to show an image of Mohamad". He said "Of course"
He certainly gave the impression he was boxed into a corner and that it was a grudging half answer and one he didn't want to give.
caravaggio2
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Do we have a confirmation of exactly what cartoon it was. I've seen people saying it was the Hebdo one but heard someone on the radio yesterday described it with a bomb in his hat, That was the Danish one.
QE2
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Pythian)
What about the limitless people who find the tenants of Islam offensive?
They are ignorant racist Islamophobes, obvs. (It's "tenets" BTW, unless you are referring to the people renting the flat above the mosque).
Genaro_
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I'd like to see a counter protest where placards showing the cartoon are featured. Then we'll inevitably see the true character of those protesting the original action.
Nobody, no individual, or institution should kowtow to a religion or public pressure like this. Not political correctness due to demographics and fear of offence. That will be the death of us all.
Just my opinion
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Genaro_)
I'd like to see a counter protest where placards showing the cartoon are featured. Then we'll inevitably see the true character of those protesting the original action.
Let's be honest, that would most likely set the country ablaze wherever there are Muslim communities. It's very likely fear of violence that is holding back police making arrests for Covid regulation breeches outside the school as it is.
tan030
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
If people are calling for a ban on such provocative cartoons of religous figureheads because they are 'offensive' to certain people or communities, why not ban religions which promote hatred and intolerance to certain people in society?

This religion promotes intolerance towards homosexuals, views women as lesser individuals compared to men and calls non believers/apostates the 'worst of all beasts'.

But this isnt a conversation people are ready to have and I wonder why...
Last edited by tan030; 3 weeks ago
tan030
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by caravaggio2)
"The Purpose of Life " must have known what they were doing and the danger they were putting him and his family in when they did it.
Julia Hartley Brewer was interviewing a representative of them yesterday and asked him if he agreed that it was a worse crime to kill the teacher than to show the image of Mohamad. He danced around the subject and prevaricated not answering.
She asked him again, same result. After four or five tries she said "I'll ask you one ;last time. Is it worse to kill somebody than to show an image of Mohamad". He said "Of course"
He certainly gave the impression he was boxed into a corner and that it was a grudging half answer and one he didn't want to give.
Do you have the source for this?
I've always been under the impression that if people cannot be upfront, then they're hiding their true colours.

Personally, If someone said 'yes' or 'of course' to this, I'd be notifying the police/anti terror hotline straight away.
caravaggio2
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by tan030)
Do you have the source for this?
I've always been under the impression that if people cannot be upfront, then they're hiding their true colours.

Personally, If someone said 'yes' or 'of course' to this, I'd be notifying the police/anti terror hotline straight away.
Read it again. He was agreeing (eventually) that it is a worse crime to kill somebody than to show an image of Mohamad.
(No I haven't a link i was listening live in the car. )
Last edited by caravaggio2; 3 weeks ago
Genaro_
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Just my opinion)
Let's be honest, that would most likely set the country ablaze wherever there are Muslim communities. It's very likely fear of violence that is holding back police making arrests for Covid regulation breeches outside the school as it is.
I know and that is the point. Of course the school and the teacher are deemed to be in the wrong in the eyes of those protesting and their sympathisers* but in reality they are the aggressors, pushing their religious agenda on a community and a country where it is both unwelcome and unsuitable.

*Their sympathisers meaning the left and far left and those who generally appease religious encroachment.
Lucifer323
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by DiddyDec)
I do wonder what the school would deem as an "appropriate" cartoon of mohammed looks like.
Don't forget that in the religion of peace and love you cannot create pictures of the Prophet as you may offend his followers.

Hence all cartoons of the Prophet should be branded as inappropriate and banned.
Last edited by Lucifer323; 3 weeks ago
Lucifer323
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
If people are calling for a ban on such provocative cartoons of religous figureheads because they are 'offensive' to certain people or communities, why not ban religions which promote hatred and intolerance to certain people in society?

This religion promotes intolerance towards homosexuals, views women as lesser individuals compared to men and calls non believers/apostates the 'worst of all beasts'.

You are wrong here unfortunately.
Islam is a perfect religion. The religion of peace and love where there is no gender discrimination and everyone is equal.
Everyone is welcome to join this perfect religion and way of life.
Gaddafi
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago

That would mean banning Christianity and Judaism as well.

That is not a conversation we are having, I do wonder why....
Gaddafi
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Ascend)
Remind us again when Jewish extremists have killed Westerners for satirising Moses?
I can remind you off times when Jewish extremists have blown Westerners to pieces and left your meat for the vultures....

In general, violence from the two other Abrahamic religons does not provoke the same hatred.
Ascend
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Gaddafi)
I can remind you off times when Jewish extremists have blown Westerners to pieces and left your meat for the vultures....

In general, violence from the two other Abrahamic religons does not provoke the same hatred.
That would mean banning Christianity and Judaism as well.

That is not a conversation we are having, I do wonder why....
So, I ask again. Remind us when Jewish extremists have killed Westerners for satirising Moses? I'll make it easier for you: Doesn't have to be Moses. Any element of Judaism.
Gaddafi
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
So, I ask again. Remind us when Jewish extremists have killed Westerners for satirising Moses? I'll make it easier for you: Doesn't have to be Moses. Any element of Judaism.
Jewish scripture specifically calls for death via stoning for blasphemy. It has not been carried out in the west (I didn't say it has.)

My point was that Jewish extremists have killed Westerners in general many times. We never hear about it though as they're not Muslim.
Gaddafi
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Remind us again when Jewish extremists have killed Westerners for satirising Moses?
Jewish extremists tend to achieve their goals via peaceful means (in the UK anyway.)

E.g the Professor at Bristol. Suddenly they had MP's, Lords, and ministers shouting for his dismissal.

Communities flex the muscle that they have.
Lucifer323
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Jewish extremists tend to achieve their goals via peaceful means (in the UK anyway.)

E.g the Professor at Bristol. Suddenly they had MP's, Lords, and ministers shouting for his dismissal.

Communities flex the muscle that they have.
For your third paragraph, yes it is correct. MPs, Lords, and the rest, asked for his dismissal. If it was so simple then everyone would be dismissed at the first instance...
Gaddafi
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Lucifer323)
For your third paragraph, yes it is correct. MPs, Lords, and the rest, asked for his dismissal. If it was so simple then everyone would be dismissed at the first instance...
Are dismissals over offence morally valid?

I do not believe they are.

It does seem like the pro freedom of speech crowd are happy to wrap the Jewish community in cotton wool though. No one was getting their knickers in a twist when the Jewish community actively conspired to get a man dismissed....
Gaddafi
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Lmaooo, I got reported on a thread focused on free speech. Oh, the irony :lol:
Contested Claim
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago

My point was that Jewish extremists have killed Westerners in general many times. We never hear about it though as they're not Muslim.
Can you provide some modern examples of Jewish extremists killing Westerners?

We have Zionist terrorism such as the King David bombing in 1946 and multiple examples of Jewish extremists targeting Palestinians or other Jews.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (144)
4.87%
Uncertainty around my education (435)
14.7%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (333)
11.25%
Lack of purpose or motivation (411)
13.89%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (137)
4.63%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (179)
6.05%
Loneliness (255)
8.62%
Financial worries (109)
3.68%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (121)
4.09%
Exposure to negative news/social media (135)
4.56%
Lack of real life entertainment (159)
5.37%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (261)
8.82%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (280)
9.46%

Watched Threads