Family member of EU citizen and student finance

Watch this thread
Gloryo
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi,

I need Clarification on how to access student finance loan,my situation is as follows:
I'm a spouse of EU citizens,my husband(EU citizen) is with a settled status and I'm a non EU citizen with a pre status with less than one year residency in the Uk/EU.
Can i apply for student finance?

Thanks possible response.

Glory
Shaun SFE
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Gloryo)
Hi,

I need Clarification on how to access student finance loan,my situation is as follows:
I'm a spouse of EU citizens,my husband(EU citizen) is with a settled status and I'm a non EU citizen with a pre status with less than one year residency in the Uk/EU.

Glory
Good Morning Glory,

If you have 3 years residency within the EU, EEA or Switzerland for the 3 years before the 1st day of the 1st academic year of the course then you may be eligible for EU funding (Tuition Fee Loan).

Warm Regards,

Shaun.
Gloryo
Rep:
(Original post by Shaun SFE)
Good Morning Glory,

If you have 3 years residency within the EU, EEA or Switzerland for the 3 years before the 1st day of the 1st academic year of the course then you may be eligible for EU funding (Tuition Fee Loan).

Warm Regards,

Shaun.
Thank you for the response.
But what do I need to prove the 3 years residency within the EU?
Shaun SFE
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Thank you for the response.
But what do I need to prove the 3 years residency within the EU?
You would just complete the application and inform us of the address history.

Warm Regards,

Shaun.
Gloryo
Rep:
Thank you very much for the information.
Shaun SFE
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Thank you very much for the information.
You're most welcome
Gloryo
Rep:
Hi,

Glory
Good morning,

Can I apply as a family member of EU migrant worker. Since my spouse is with a settled status and working full time here in the UK.
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Good morning,

Can I apply as a family member of EU migrant worker. Since my spouse is with a settled status and working full time here in the UK.
Hi Glory, have you been awarded pre settled status?
Thanks, Isaac
Gloryo
Rep:
(Original post by SFE Isaac)
Hi Glory, have you been awarded pre settled status?
Thanks, Isaac
Hello Isaac,
Yes,I have a pre settled status.
SFE Isaac
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Hello Isaac,
Yes,I have a pre settled status.
You can apply as the spouse of a Migrant Worker by sending the evidence listed here http://ow.ly/2x0230oL92f
Thanks, Isaac
Gloryo
Rep:
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
You can apply as the spouse of a Migrant Worker by sending the evidence listed here http://ow.ly/2x0230oL92f
Thanks, Isaac
Hello Isaac,
My husband is an EU citizen with settled status and s full time university student. Can I also be eligible for students finance tuition fees and maintenance loan with my pre status and here in England for over 3 years.
Thanks for your anticipated Response.
G
Gloryo
Rep:
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Hello all, please help if you can
My husband is an EU citizen with settled status and s full time university student. Can I also be eligible for students finance tuition fees and maintenance loan with my pre status and here in England for over 3 years.
Thanks for your anticipated Response
SFE Isaac
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
Hello Isaac,
Thanks for your anticipated Response.
G
Hello all, please help if you can
Thanks for your anticipated Response
Hi Gloryo, apologies for the delayed response.

In order to determine your eligibility, please confirm:

1. Which university and course you are looking to start your studies with?
2. How old you are.
3. Your nationality, current status and time spent within the UK.
4. Any previous study and qualifications you may hold.

Thanks, Isaac
Gloryo
Rep:
Hi Gloryo, apologies for the delayed response.

In order to determine your eligibility, please confirm:

1. Which university and course you are looking to start your studies with?
2. How old you are.
3. Your nationality, current status and time spent within the UK.
4. Any previous study and qualifications you may hold.

Thanks, Isaac
Thanks for the response.
1.Nursing, university of Greenwich, London
2. 35 years old
3. African,non EU citizen with pre settled status, spouse of EU with settled status. Over 3 years resident in UK/EU country
4. No previous University study
SFE Isaac
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
Thanks for the response.
1.Nursing, university of Greenwich, London
2. 35 years old
3. African,non EU citizen with pre settled status, spouse of EU with settled status. Over 3 years resident in UK/EU country
4. No previous University study
What is your exact status in the UK awarded by the home office? Do you have pre settled status yourself?

Thanks, Isaac
Gloryo
Rep:
What is your exact status in the UK awarded by the home office? Do you have pre settled status yourself?

Thanks, Isaac
I have a pre settled status
SFE Isaac
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
I have a pre settled status
With your pre settled status you can apply as a family member of an EU National to apply for the EU Tuition Fee only funding
https://www.gov.uk/student-finance/eu-students

You could apply as a family member of a Migrant Worker if you meet the eligibility criteria as per our guidance below.

To be eligible the student must be;

An EU/EEA or Swiss National (or a family member* of)
The student (and their family member) must have been granted Pre Settled Status prior to the first day of the first AY of their course. The student should provide share codes on their paper application form.
Ordinary resident in the UK, Gibraltar, the EEA or Switzerland for at least 3 years prior to the start of their course
Ordinary resident in England or Wales on the first day of the first academic year of their course
They/their spouse/civil partner/their parent/step parent/grandparent/child or grandchild must be working throughout the students studies
They/their spouse/civil partner/their parent/step parent/grandparent/grandchild must receive wages for this work but can also have ‘pocket money’ for voluntary work i.e. Au Pair
This work must be effective, genuine and not of a scale which would be considered marginal or ancillary

You can find out more about the Migrant Worker funding here http://ow.ly/2x0230oL92f

Thanks, Isaac
Gloryo
Rep:
With your pre settled status you can apply as a family member of an EU National to apply for the EU Tuition Fee only funding
https://www.gov.uk/student-finance/eu-students

You could apply as a family member of a Migrant Worker if you meet the eligibility criteria as per our guidance below.

To be eligible the student must be;

An EU/EEA or Swiss National (or a family member* of)
The student (and their family member) must have been granted Pre Settled Status prior to the first day of the first AY of their course. The student should provide share codes on their paper application form.
Ordinary resident in the UK, Gibraltar, the EEA or Switzerland for at least 3 years prior to the start of their course
Ordinary resident in England or Wales on the first day of the first academic year of their course
They/their spouse/civil partner/their parent/step parent/grandparent/child or grandchild must be working throughout the students studies
They/their spouse/civil partner/their parent/step parent/grandparent/grandchild must receive wages for this work but can also have ‘pocket money’ for voluntary work i.e. Au Pair
This work must be effective, genuine and not of a scale which would be considered marginal or ancillary

You can find out more about the Migrant Worker funding here http://ow.ly/2x0230oL92f

Thanks, Isaac
Good morning Isaac and thank you for the response.
What about the maintenance loan,will I be eligible?
Thanks
SFE Isaac
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
Good morning Isaac and thank you for the response.
What about the maintenance loan,will I be eligible?
Thanks
Good morning

You can only be entitled to receive a Maintenance Loan if you apply as a family member of a Migrant Worker and are deemed eligible - if you are not deemed eligible then you will only be entitled to the Tuition Fee Loan as a family member of an EU National. I'd advise you to apply as soon as possible.

Thanks, Isaac
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (81)
41.54%
The paper was reasonable (89)
45.64%
Not feeling great about that exam... (14)
7.18%
It was TERRIBLE (11)
5.64%

Watched Threads