TrishaChou1
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
What are the diffrent between phagocytes and lymphocytes?
And which one is used in the primary immune response?

I always get confused
BioKnowsBest11
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
Hey there
Phagocytes are the cells of the immune system that engulf and destroy the pathogen e.g. neutrophils and macrophages
Lymphocytes are non-phagocytic white blood cells that target the pathogen directly i.e. your T-cells and B-cells - these are involved in primary immunity against pathogens
Hope this helps
Kallisto
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by TrishaChou1)
What are the diffrent between phagocytes and lymphocytes?
And which one is used in the primary immune response?

I always get confused
Phagocytes are cells to protect the body against pathogens as in bacteria first. If the pathogens were able to avoid the phygocytes, the lymphocytes come into play and release the killer, B and T cells to stop them. All of those lymphocytes are the primary immune response, if they face the pathogen the first time to 'check' it. If the lymphocytes face the same pathogen again, it comes to a secondary (and faster) immune response.
Last edited by Kallisto; 1 year ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA Combined Science - Biology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (37)
36.27%
The paper was reasonable (39)
38.24%
Not feeling great about that exam... (17)
16.67%
It was TERRIBLE (9)
8.82%

Watched Threads