The Student Room Group

pearson’s degree apprenticeship

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by AmyA123.3
Hi I have also done all of these things and heard back yesterday through email on whether I passed (which I did!!). How did you guys do?

Yay congrats!! Ive finally sent everything off so now I just need to waittt
Original post by s_ak
Yay congrats!! Ive finally sent everything off so now I just need to waittt

Thank you. That’s good hopefully it doesn’t take too long
Hi!! My name is Sophie and I've also applied for the Pearson Business management Degree Apprenticeship - I've just looked at my emails and was successful in the 'pre-screening stage' too! What subject did you guys apply for and do you know what score you got in the workshop?!
Original post by sophie.honey
Hi!! My name is Sophie and I've also applied for the Pearson Business management Degree Apprenticeship - I've just looked at my emails and was successful in the 'pre-screening stage' too! What subject did you guys apply for and do you know what score you got in the workshop?!

That’s really great news that you passed! I applied for business management and these were my scores:

Planning and Organisation - 4.50
Communication - 4.50
Influencing and Persuading - 5.00
Managing Relationships and Teamwork - 5.00
Resilience - 4.00
Flexibility - 5.00
Learning Agility - 4.00
Motivation - 4.00
Analytical Thinking and Problem Solving - 3.67
Subject Awareness - 5.00

What are your scores?
Ahh maybe we should create a group chat on Instagram or something! Have you applied for university too?! If so what do you think that you will do?! I've been offered a place at Exeter with a scholarship which now makes my decision very difficult lol.

My scores were though I don't know how the sections were actually graded as it would be interesting to know

Planning and Organisation - 5
Communication - 4.50
Influencing and Persuading - 5
Managing Relationships and Teamwork - 5
Resilience - 5
Flexibility - 5
Learning Agility - 4.00
Motivation - 5
Analytical Thinking and Problem Solving - 4.33
Subject Awareness - 5.00
Ahh maybe we should create a group chat on Instagram or something! Have you applied for university too?! If so what do you think that you will do?! I've been offered a place at Exeter with a scholarship which now makes my decision very difficult lol.

My scores were though I don't know how the sections were actually graded as it would be interesting to know

Planning and Organisation - 5
Communication - 4.50
Influencing and Persuading - 5
Managing Relationships and Teamwork - 5
Resilience - 5
Flexibility - 5
Learning Agility - 4.00
Motivation - 5
Analytical Thinking and Problem Solving - 4.33
Subject Awareness - 5.00

Yeah the that’s a good idea! I’ve applied to unis too for business management with Spanish and I’ve made my firm and insurance choice as KCL as firm and Manchester as insurance. Tbh I’m not sure what to do right now I’m just going to wait and see if I match with a company first I think. Also you’ve done amazingly well :smile:
Reply 26
Hiya, I received a letter instead of an email saying I passed the pre-screening process but do we just wait until we hear from a company as I think they can reach out even after like September which is when the uni courses I've applied for obviously start, or would we be attending the college until then just studying business management?
Reply 27
Also because we do an assessment centre with the companies after they reach out to us, what if we don't pass it? Does anybody know because I'm scared to go forward with this and decline the unis just incase I don't end up passing the assessment centre x
Also LOL sorry about all these questions but is anybody moving for this apprenticeship cus Im going to have to since I'm from the west mids but its even more confusing because I can't book any accom because obvs I don't know where the company would be based in London xx
Original post by s_ak
Hiya, I received a letter instead of an email saying I passed the pre-screening process but do we just wait until we hear from a company as I think they can reach out even after like September which is when the uni courses I've applied for obviously start, or would we be attending the college until then just studying business management?

Hi! I had the same question so emailed Pearson who said that it would be for a 2021 start so we would be contacted before this. Where did you apply to uni?!
+ I saw your comment about having to move and same!
Reply 29
Hi! I had the same question so emailed Pearson who said that it would be for a 2021 start so we would be contacted before this. Where did you apply to uni?!
+ I saw your comment about having to move and same!

Hi omg that makes me feel relieved that I’m not the only one having to move!! Also I spoke to someone on the live chat thing on the website and they said that we would be reached out to before September also but the only apprenticeships they have published on the website for the 2021 start is the Tesco one and I already have retail experience so I kind of wanted something more business related x

Also I’ve applied for Aston!
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by s_ak
Hi omg that makes me feel relieved that I’m not the only one having to move!! Also I spoke to someone on the live chat thing on the website and they said that we would be reached out to before September also but the only apprenticeships they have published on the website for the 2021 start is the Tesco one and I already have retail experience so I kind of wanted something more business related x

Also I’ve applied for Aston!

Hi, I have also got through the prescreening process, have you heard any news?
Reply 31
Original post by jaredtlee
Hi, I have also got through the prescreening process, have you heard any news?

Not yet! I’ve literally been refreshing my emails like crazy waiting to see something😫 what about you, have you heard anything since the email about passing the prescreening process?
Original post by s_ak
Not yet! I’ve literally been refreshing my emails like crazy waiting to see something😫 what about you, have you heard anything since the email about passing the prescreening process?

I havent heard anything yet, I have no idea when we will hear either but I am trying to find out from them when it could be.
Hi! I was successful in the prescreening process too! I rang and asked when we might be contacted by employers and was told ‘late summer’ not sure if that is July or August guess we will have to wait and see!!
Reply 34
Original post by ELLENA0802
Hi! I was successful in the prescreening process too! I rang and asked when we might be contacted by employers and was told ‘late summer’ not sure if that is July or August guess we will have to wait and see!!

Oh that’s a bummer because then we only have a little amount of time to decide if we want to do that or uni😫 but at least we know that it’s everyone who’s having to wait xx
Original post by s_ak
Oh that’s a bummer because then we only have a little amount of time to decide if we want to do that or uni😫 but at least we know that it’s everyone who’s having to wait xx

Hi, has anyone else received this email? I dont understand how they can do this after all this time and work we put in.Screenshot 2021-06-12 at 14.03.12.png
Hi, has anyone else received this email? I dont understand how they can do this after all this time and work we put in.Screenshot 2021-06-12 at 14.03.12.png

I also received this yesterday. That’s exactly what I thought, I feel like we wasted our time.

Yes I received it too! Honestly I’m so upset had my heart set on getting a degree apprenticeship and was prepared to work so hard. Not sure did the university of Kent will take over the applications, I’m assuming that they will take on current students so they may be willing but not sure when that would be. It’s so disappointing when Pearson’s seemed like such an amazing opportunity and place to study alongside working, ashame there was no other advice for those of us still seeking a degree apprenticeship.

Yes I received it too! Honestly I’m so upset had my heart set on getting a degree apprenticeship and was prepared to work so hard. Not sure did the university of Kent will take over the applications, I’m assuming that they will take on current students so they may be willing but not sure when that would be. It’s so disappointing when Pearson’s seemed like such an amazing opportunity and place to study alongside working, ashame there was no other advice for those of us still seeking a degree apprenticeship.
Original post by ELLENA0802

That’s what I thought as well, I do think that it was so unannounced and I had my heart set on this too and now I feel deflated

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending