The Student Room Group

Urgent guys, is this lobe or helix piercing?

Is this a lower helix? Because it doesn't seem to heal and gets red and hurts if I try to change the back of the earrings.
I already had an infection, took antibiotics which calmed the swelling etc.

20210325_211328.jpg

I'm so fed of this. I got these in January

BTW the white crusts is salt as I sprayed saltwater on my piercing
(edited 3 years ago)
A lower helix is a little higher up so I would consider that a 3rd lobe piercing
there are a lot of things it could be due to :
Allergic reaction to certain metal earrings?
or just an infection.
If it's an infection, instead of adding salt like spraying it - try dipping a cotton ball or something into salt water and put it on there without moving the earring too much. But wash your hands before so more bacteria doesn't go in and make it worse.
If it doesn't work, try going to the doctors/gp just incase
Original post by akshayaax
A lower helix is a little higher up so I would consider that a 3rd lobe piercing

Then why isn't this healing quicker? 😱
there are a lot of things it could be due to :
Allergic reaction to certain metal earrings?
or just an infection.
If it's an infection, instead of adding salt like spraying it - try dipping a cotton ball or something into salt water and put it on there without moving the earring too much. But wash your hands before so more bacteria doesn't go in and make it worse.
If it doesn't work, try going to the doctors/gp just incase

It did get infected and I'm taking antibiotics but it clearly hasn't healed which is really irritating
Original post by chinesezodiacpig
It did get infected and I'm taking antibiotics but it clearly hasn't healed which is really irritating

If you go to the doctors, they might prescribe you with antibiotic cream or ointments which help heal the infection instead of just tablets
If you go to the doctors, they might prescribe you with antibiotic cream or ointments which help heal the infection instead of just tablets

Yeah I using that too
I think its best to just take it out and let your ear heal alone then get another piercing once it's completely healed.

Quick Reply

Latest