Ellie94345
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hi,
I have been accepted for both Liverpool Hope and Manchester Met PGCE primary. It seems just from the interviews that they have quite different teaching styles. I’m wondering if anyone has been selected and is in the same boat or if anyone has studied at either of these uni’s specifically for a PGCE and could offer me any advice? Thanks!
04MR17
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Ellie94345)
Hi,
I have been accepted for both Liverpool Hope and Manchester Met PGCE primary. It seems just from the interviews that they have quite different teaching styles. I’m wondering if anyone has been selected and is in the same boat or if anyone has studied at either of these uni’s specifically for a PGCE and could offer me any advice? Thanks!
Could you expand a little bit on what you mean about different teaching styles?
Manchester Metropolitan University
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Ellie94345)
Hi,
Hi Ellie94345

Congratulations on receiving an offer to study your PGCE with us and Liverpool Hope! :smartass:

Although I have not studied PGCE, I did complete my undergraduate degree in Early Years and Childhood Studies at Manchester Met before becoming apart of the Alumni and becoming a member of staff. Unfortunately, I cannot comment on the teaching styles, however, I can say I was fully supported during my course by my academic tutor and personal tutor. You will be based in our Education faculty which is in our Brooks building. Our brooks building has a great number of study and learning spaces, an excellent resource centre, meeting rooms and classrooms ect

Here are some of the reasons why you may wish to choose to study your PGCE with us here at Manchester Met!

• Every PGCE course tutor has been a teacher for at least 10 years, is research active, many are involved with exam board work.
  • We’ve been training teachers at MMU for over 100 years
  • We have over 900 school partners in Manchester/Cheshire/Yorkshire/Stoke
  • Students can share teaching resources and experiences with peer group
  • We support students through their NQT year, through our great careers team.
  • Students have a Professional Mentor (placement) and a Subject Mentor (theory) for support throughout the year.

I hope this helps! Hopefully, another student will come across your post and give you some further information.

If you have not already you may find it useful to attend one of our Postgraduate Virtual Open days. Our Education Virtual day is Tuesday 18th May 2-5pm. You will be able to view subject presentations, subject areas, virtual campus tour, chat with our teaching and support staff and our Student Life Fair. If you are interested you can book your attendance here: https://www2.mmu.ac.uk/study/postgraduate/visit/.

Hopefully, we will see you in September!
Carly
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you consider Adjustment if your grades were higher than you expected?

Yes, I'd look at higher ranking universities than my current choices (173)
41.99%
Yes, I'd look for a course or uni that is a better fit for me (61)
14.81%
No, I'd stick with my current uni choice (170)
41.26%
Something else (let us know in the thread below!) (8)
1.94%

Watched Threads