The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by maya856
chemistry unit 5 unseen paper took place today morning but i accidentally deleted the pdf document of it from my mail

does anyone have it and could they send it to me?

I did the exam today under exam conditions like any other exam. It had a lot of question from previous units and no organic synthesis what so ever...
Reply 21
How was the unit 6 bio paper ?
doesn't the logic of exam materials being leaked and disadvantaging the students who write their exams earlier than others apply to international centres too? why hasn't Edexcel released international assessment material to students? how is this fair?
Original post by Aloe Striata
doesn't the logic of exam materials being leaked and disadvantaging the students who write their exams earlier than others apply to international centres too? why hasn't Edexcel released international assessment material to students? how is this fair?

Pearson have said the following about the IAL unseen materials:

These test materials can be used in two ways:
1. As unseen materials presented to students in a controlled situation, in a specified timeframe, for them to respond to
or,
2. After the specified timeframe, in the knowledge that they may be familiar to students, used as one part of the evidence that supports the teacher grade.

So if your school sets the exam on the timetabled date, they know that candidates won't have seen it (part 1).

If they choose to use it after that date (part 2) they know that candidates may have seen the materials.
Original post by tiny hobbit
Pearson have said the following about the IAL unseen materials:

These test materials can be used in two ways:
1. As unseen materials presented to students in a controlled situation, in a specified timeframe, for them to respond to
or,
2. After the specified timeframe, in the knowledge that they may be familiar to students, used as one part of the evidence that supports the teacher grade.

So if your school sets the exam on the timetabled date, they know that candidates won't have seen it (part 1).

If they choose to use it after that date (part 2) they know that candidates may have seen the materials.

And yet these exams still might make up a considerable portion of the grade. My point is that in the UK, since practically all students have access to the materials, it's a level playing field. With international qualifications however, if you're lucky enough to find the unseen material somewhere online, you'll be unfairly advantaged. It would be different if they were to release each unseen paper after it being administered so that everyone would have access to it.
Original post by Aloe Striata
And yet these exams still might make up a considerable portion of the grade.

That's up to your school. Life would be much simpler for the school if they did the exams on the timetabled date. Then they would know that it is like a real exam, when candidates haven't seen the questions before (like in the good old days...).

They still have the option of telling you not to do any questions on topics that you haven't been taught.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by tiny hobbit
That's up to your school. Life would be much simpler for the school if they did the exams on the timetabled date. Then they would know that it is like a real exam, when candidates haven't seen the questions before (like in the good old days...).

They still have the option of telling you not to do any questions on topics that you haven't been taught.

I wish exams weren't cancelled... That was so much easier in the sense that we only had to sit one paper and be done with it. Now there's so much confusion.

Latest

Trending

Trending