The Student Room Group

Choosing a university

I've recieved offers from both University of Exeter and University of Liverpool, although Liverpool hasn't confirmed any scholarship yet Exeter is providing a 3000 GBP scholarship. Unsure which one to opt !! Any suggestions and advice is welcomed !!!
Wait till Liverpool confirms the scholarship.
But don’t base your decision on who’s giving you the most money. Your happiness and well-being matter more
I don't know which one to opt !!!! Both seem good to me !!!
Reply 3
i would choose exeter as they have a better reputation in comparison to liverpool.
I forgot to mention that this is for MSc Marketing. Liverpool just confirmed a 4500 GBP scholarship. I'm completely clueless now. Even If I wait for another scholarship from Exeter for which I am eligible, the deadline for Liverpool would've crossed. Also idk if I'd be receiving another scholarship or not !!!!
The cost of living at Exeter seem reasonably high compared to Liverpool. I don't want to burden myself with the student loan !!!!
Just so lost !!!!
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by Aisha_alizeh
I've recieved offers from both University of Exeter and University of Liverpool, although Liverpool hasn't confirmed any scholarship yet Exeter is providing a 3000 GBP scholarship. Unsure which one to opt !! Any suggestions and advice is welcomed !!!

Forget about the money , you need to think about which uni eg course modules , placement opportunities etc
Reply 6
And personally I would pick Liverpool because Exeter seems very elitist and it’s known to be racist to POC , not sure If you are

I forgot to mention that this is for MSc Marketing. Liverpool just confirmed a 4500 GBP scholarship. I'm completely clueless now. Even If I wait for another scholarship from Exeter for which I am eligible, the deadline for Liverpool would've crossed. Also idk if I'd be receiving another scholarship or not !!!!
The cost of living at Exeter seem reasonably high compared to Liverpool. I don't want to burden myself with the student loan !!!!
Just so lost !!!!

Go for Liverpool more money.
Hi there,

Well done on your scholarships, a great choice for you to make! I see there is already some great advice on here, but I thought I'd add something to this.

I think its important just to see the scholarship as part of your choice, think about what are the most important factors for your studies? is it the course itself (the modules, the staff?), does the location and city matter more for you? Perhaps the cost of living is really important for you?

I would guide your decision through this, and too see the scholarship as only one aspect of the decision.

Both Universities have a great reputation, and I think you will enjoy and succeed at either University. If you think a little more about what are most important aspects of your decision and need some advice on any aspect then feel free to ask away below and I can give you some information from a Liverpool perspective, and hopefully we will get someone from Exeter to give their perspective.

Malachy - University of Liverpool Student Rep
Original post by University of Liverpool Student Rep
Hi there,

Well done on your scholarships, a great choice for you to make! I see there is already some great advice on here, but I thought I'd add something to this.

I think its important just to see the scholarship as part of your choice, think about what are the most important factors for your studies? is it the course itself (the modules, the staff?), does the location and city matter more for you? Perhaps the cost of living is really important for you?

I would guide your decision through this, and too see the scholarship as only one aspect of the decision.

Both Universities have a great reputation, and I think you will enjoy and succeed at either University. If you think a little more about what are most important aspects of your decision and need some advice on any aspect then feel free to ask away below and I can give you some information from a Liverpool perspective, and hopefully we will get someone from Exeter to give their perspective.

Thank you so much !!!! This clears out the air. I'm currently piled up but once I'm done with the work I would personally analyse each and every aspect !!!!
Thank you so much !!!! This clears out the air. I'm currently piled up but once I'm done with the work I would personally analyse each and every aspect !!!!

Great! I glad I of some help, good luck with your work - best to get that cleared and then you can spend some relaxed time working out what is best for you :smile: Once you have done that and if there is something you would like to know more about then feel free to ask on there and I'll make sure we get back to you quickly!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending