The Student Room Group

DWP EO Work Coach March 2021

I applied for the DWP EO Work Coach role on 24/3/21 and completed the Situational Judgement Test on 25/3/21. I got a reply on the 25/3/21 saying that I passed the test and my application is now being reviewed. How long does it take to get a reply/response to see if I have an interview?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I got another email a few hours after offering me to complete the interview but from reading on here everyone has different timescales
Reply 2
Original post by NayAC174
I got another email a few hours after offering me to complete the interview but from reading on here everyone has different timescales

How did you find the interview? I completed mine today, I think I messed it up! I’m usually good at interviews but I didn’t work well with the countdown timer and no personal interaction. I felt really prepared then my brain went to mush 😩
Reply 3
Original post by Amber86
How did you find the interview? I completed mine today, I think I messed it up! I’m usually good at interviews but I didn’t work well with the countdown timer and no personal interaction. I felt really prepared then my brain went to mush 😩

I’ve not done it yet my deadline is 2mro so using all the time to prepare as much as I can. Oh no! I’m sure you didn’t I am dreading it tbh for the same reasons you have just said. What area are you applying for ?
Reply 4
I’ve not done it yet my deadline is 2mro so using all the time to prepare as much as I can. Oh no! I’m sure you didn’t I am dreading it tbh for the same reasons you have just said. What area are you applying for ?

South East. You? Have you done it? I left mine until the last day and I wish I done it sooner as all the prep I done went out the window once it started filming 😩
Reply 5
Original post by Amber86
South East. You? Have you done it? I left mine until the last day and I wish I done it sooner as all the prep I done went out the window once it started filming 😩

Ive applied for West Midlands Birmingham Solihull and also the Mercia -Nuneaton as the only specific preference. Doing it tomorrow lunch time as I’m still not 100% 😬. Got last bits in the morning to go over going to record myself once then just go for it and hope for the best. I’m sure you’ve done well. You’ve got this far ☺️
Reply 6
Original post by Amber86

I'm sure you did fine! Worse comes to worse, take the experience positively and apply for other positions. Keep at it and best of luck!
Reply 7
Did you just have the 6 questions in the 3 behaviours or were there strength questions too ? I keep getting in a tizz with what might be asked 😅
Reply 8
Did you just have the 6 questions in the 3 behaviours or were there strength questions too ? I keep getting in a tizz with what might be asked 😅

It was all behaviours really. Only one question I had was worded as ‘what would you do’ as opposed to something along the lines of ‘tell me about a time’ but it still seemed like a behaviour over a strength, 3 minutes to answer each one.
Reply 9
Ive applied for West Midlands Birmingham Solihull and also the Mercia -Nuneaton as the only specific preference. Doing it tomorrow lunch time as I’m still not 100% 😬. Got last bits in the morning to go over going to record myself once then just go for it and hope for the best. I’m sure you’ve done well. You’ve got this far ☺️

Good luck! Let me know how you find it!
Original post by serenahislop1
I applied for the DWP EO Work Coach role on 24/3/21 and completed the Situational Judgement Test on 25/3/21. I got a reply on the 25/3/21 saying that I passed the test and my application is now being reviewed. How long does it take to get a reply/response to see if I have an interview?

I applied before that date and still havent heard anything (whether i passed the sjt test or not)
Original post by Amber86
Good luck! Let me know how you find it!

I just finished it, was a bit gruesome 🥴😂😂😂. I hope I answered correctly I tried to drop in key words from the job description. And relate it back but omg it’s hardcore knowing your being recorded I also ran out of time to conclude fully on a couple questions
Original post by jessie97
I applied before that date and still havent heard anything (whether i passed the sjt test or not)

Sorry I can’t reply to messages just yet but yes I had those same questions as you and same one of my examples didn’t quite match so I had to tweak it a bit which made me panic but hopefully I’ve done okay 🤞🏽
Sorry I can’t reply to messages just yet but yes I had those same questions as you and same one of my examples didn’t quite match so I had to tweak it a bit which made me panic but hopefully I’ve done okay 🤞🏽

Can you reply here if the questions were the same as mine. I’ll message you privately
Reply 14
I just finished it, was a bit gruesome 🥴😂😂😂. I hope I answered correctly I tried to drop in key words from the job description. And relate it back but omg it’s hardcore knowing your being recorded I also ran out of time to conclude fully on a couple questions

Ahhh I hope you pass it all and get enough job! Hopefully we won’t have to wait too long to find out, although I already know the outcome of mine haha!
Original post by 100chraaa
Can you reply here if the questions were the same as mine. I’ll message you

Mine were similar I think but tbf it’s all a blur now 😂 there was def one about someone not wanting help n what would I do I remember because I couldn’t use my second example I had prepared n kind of had to wing it
Original post by Amber86
Ahhh I hope you pass it all and get enough job! Hopefully we won’t have to wait too long to find out, although I already know the outcome of mine haha!

Tha k you and you too! I hope it doesn’t take an age but from reading up on here it may well do x
Mine were similar I think but tbf it’s all a blur now 😂 there was def one about someone not wanting help n what would I do I remember because I couldn’t use my second example I had prepared n kind of had to wing it

Yeah I panicked for that one 😬😭 was this your first interview?
Original post by 100chraaa
Yeah I panicked for that one 😬😭 was this your first interview?

Yeah 1st time I’ve applied for anything like this, I’ve got a lot of retail experience and need a change now
How about you ?
Yeah 1st time I’ve applied for anything like this, I’ve got a lot of retail experience and need a change now
How about you ?

My first time too! When do you think we will hear a response?

I have admin experience but I took a gap to study.

Quick Reply

Latest