Shy oreo
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Hello,
I am really confused about the literature paper. I’m doing my gcses next year. My exam board is AQA. So do we have to remember key quotes from about 15 different poems (Storm on the island, The prelude, London, my last duchess etc..) ?? Or have they changed it? Is this called unseen poetry?
Also, could someone please give me an example of what a poetry question would look like (the one where you have to remember the 15 poem quotes please)
Please help !!!
fyzar
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hi! I'm currently preparing for my iGCSE exams right now, my exam board is CIE (which I guess is slightly different than yours) but they're quite similar. I've done my mocks so I kinda have somewhat idea about how the exam will be. Some edits in the literature paper (at least for me) is that they will let you see the poem for the first question while the other one is unseen (You are just given a question about a poem from your anthology). Anyways, whether the paper is completely unseen or not, you should try your best to remember at least 3 big images/metaphorical lines from each poem, which help you get points for being specific and what-not lol.
Usually, poetry questions are very similar and mainly ask you "how did (the poet) create images in this poem to make it meaningful?" or "How does the poet convey his ideas of (xxx) in the poem?" ...basically ...just try to explain what the poem meant and most importantly, what is the true meaning of the poem. For more information search your exam board on google and try to find past papers for World Literature (+mark schemes), so you get the idea of how it's gonna be.
Best of luck!! ^-^
Shy oreo
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Thank you very much. I’ve got a better understanding of it now
SnowMiku
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Just popped this in the English help sub-forum
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is winning Euro 2020

France (84)
26.25%
England (108)
33.75%
Belgium (27)
8.44%
Germany (38)
11.88%
Spain (6)
1.88%