yonishashi7
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
say you wanted to study for a LEVEL 3 diploma but your 21. What are the options? aren't colleges free? is college free for only 16 to 19-year-olds?
WantBeAnonymous
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
College is free but as an older student, you usually can’t attend a college. You need to pay to sit them privately through an exam centre
tinygirl96
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hello. Search directly online on their official website, call them up or email the college for more information. Alternatively try to talk to some young people on Facebook etc who currently attend that particular community college for some more relevant details on what to expect. Jot down the pros and cons of all of your study programme options as well. Best of luck to you by the way however. Research your possible options carefully first of all. Discuss them too.
Shawmiyan
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I was 20 when I started my level 3 engineering course at Bromley college and was 22 when I finished it. However, I had to get a loan (Student Finance) in order to do the course because I had done A-levels before, but the college was not checking if I had paid for the course. So you may have to speak to the college that you are studying at.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (102)
5.18%
Uncertainty around my education (295)
14.98%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (208)
10.56%
Lack of purpose or motivation (276)
14.02%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (86)
4.37%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (112)
5.69%
Loneliness (172)
8.74%
Financial worries (70)
3.56%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (86)
4.37%
Exposure to negative news/social media (92)
4.67%
Lack of real life entertainment (108)
5.49%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (175)
8.89%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (187)
9.5%

Watched Threads