LucyLoox030
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
I have just been allocated to Van Mildert college (my preference was Collingwood).

Van Mildert also looks great, but a major difference is the number of en suites: Collingwood has 187 en suite undergrad rooms, whereas Van Mildert only has 22...
I really wanted an en suite, which was mostly why I applied to Collingwood.

The chances of me being 1 of those 22 students to get an en suite are very slim. Is there any way to personally request an en suite? Or change my college after allocation? I just don't feel comfortable sharing a bathroom.
Lemur14
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by LucyLoox030)
I have just been allocated to Van Mildert college (my preference was Collingwood).

Van Mildert also looks great, but a major difference is the number of en suites: Collingwood has 187 en suite undergrad rooms, whereas Van Mildert only has 22...
I really wanted an en suite, which was mostly why I applied to Collingwood.

The chances of me being 1 of those 22 students to get an en suite are very slim. Is there any way to personally request an en suite? Or change my college after allocation? I just don't feel comfortable sharing a bathroom.
Unless you have a medical need you won't be able to switch college. Likewise, you'd be unlikely to get an ensuite at Van Mildert unless you have a medical need to have one since it's quite a large college so chances are there will be 22 people with medical needs who would come higher than anyone with just a preference for it.
That said, most people don't find the realities of sharing a bathroom too bad. It sounds horrible I totally agree, but you've likely been sharing at home and you soon get to know the people you're sharing with so it's not too bad. Plus shared bathrooms get cleaned which saves you the effort!
LucyLoox030
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
I guess. Do you have an idea of roughly how many people bathrooms are shared between?
(Original post by Lemur14)
Unless you have a medical need you won't be able to switch college. Likewise, you'd be unlikely to get an ensuite at Van Mildert unless you have a medical need to have one since it's quite a large college so chances are there will be 22 people with medical needs who would come higher than anyone with just a preference for it.
That said, most people don't find the realities of sharing a bathroom too bad. It sounds horrible I totally agree, but you've likely been sharing at home and you soon get to know the people you're sharing with so it's not too bad. Plus shared bathrooms get cleaned which saves you the effort!
Lemur14
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by LucyLoox030)
I guess. Do you have an idea of roughly how many people bathrooms are shared between?
From what it says on their website, it seems there will be roughly one shower and toilet per 3 people in your corridor. Corridors vary in size, I think my friend had around 20 in her corridor, but presumably they would then share around 7 toilets and showers which isn't too bad a number I don't think :dontknow:
cmpnsp
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Lemur14)
From what it says on their website, it seems there will be roughly one shower and toilet per 3 people in your corridor. Corridors vary in size, I think my friend had around 20 in her corridor, but presumably they would then share around 7 toilets and showers which isn't too bad a number I don't think :dontknow:
Hey! I have just graduated from Mildert - this is correct😊 I had 16 on my corridor with 4 showers and 3 toilets. The showers are cleaned regularly by our cleaners too so they tend to be in a good condition! Each shower is also a separate cubicle rather than a block of showers, so there is a lot of privacy.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What do you find most difficult about revising?

Prioritising what to revise (14)
9.33%
Remembering what was covered in lessons (3)
2%
Finding the time to revise (10)
6.67%
Finding the motivation (43)
28.67%
Getting distracted (23)
15.33%
Procrastination (56)
37.33%
Having the tools you need (0)
0%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
0.67%

Watched Threads