The Student Room Group

Can I get SFE support for one final year module resit in Next Academic Year

I am a student who is studying the final year of a 4 year MEng course.
This year I submitted an exam a couple minutes late, and due to not asking for help before the exam deadline finished, but rather a few minutes later after I got a 0 for the exam. Mitigating circumstances cannot help me for the aforementioned reason as (I have already submitted one). I also don't think there are grounds for an academic appeal.

This essentially means that I fail that one module, and therefore I cannot pass the year (and graduate), as I need at least 30% in every module.
From what I understand, my options are to resit the exam in the Special Assessment Period (without attendance) or resit the module the Next Academic Year (NAY).
If I choose to sit it the NAY, with attendance, could I get support for this from student finance, as well as a maintenance loan since I would still be studying?

From what I understand the formula for student finance support is Length of course + 1 - years studied. For me this would be 4 + 1 -4, which would imply I would still get support NAY.

My question is can SFE support me in this situation and provide me with funding for the one module (about £1155 + maintenance loan)?

Thank you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending