🍃🍃🍃 Hope's Springtime Blog - Fashion, Anxiety & Flowers x

Watch
PhoenixLady
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
welcome :flower::flower2: :flute:

I'm Hope and this is my spring blog I will be posting about everything from clothes to coping w/ anxiety to general springtime stuff :yep:

This is a mental health safe space so plz all be nice to each other

about me :flowers:

1. I'm taking a gap year and doing a fun course with the Princes Trust
  2. I LOVE fashion, and makeup too ofc although I suck at it :flutterby: I like following trends tbh :lol:
  3. I have anxiety and depression, which I'm dealing with rn :heart:
  4. I am a people person :fluffy:
  5. I just went through a breakup.. but life goes on :ff:
  6. I have a crush on Zayn Malik :flutter:
  7. I am DYING to go somewhere this summer :woo:

Spoiler:
Show
This is my new blog as I was so lazy on the last one :P
parmezanne
summerberry19
DrawTheLine
Last edited by PhoenixLady; 3 weeks ago
Icosagon
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by PhoenixLady)
welcome :flower::flower2: :flute:

I'm Hope and this is my spring blog I will be posting about everything from clothes to coping w/ anxiety to general springtime stuff :yep:

Because I'm posting about mental health this is a safe space so plz all be nice to each other

about me :flowers:

1. I'm taking a gap year and doing a fun course with the Princes Trust
  2. I LOVE fashion, and makeup too ofc although I suck at it :flutterby: I like following trends tbh :lol:
  3. I have anxiety and depression, which I'm dealing with rn :heart:
  4. I am a people person :fluffy:
  5. I just went through a breakup.. but life goes on :ff:
  6. I have a crush on Zayn Malik :flutter:
  7. I am DYING to go somewhere this summer :woo:

Spoiler:
Show
This is my new blog as I was so lazy on the last one :P
parmezanne
summerberry19
DrawTheLine
Hi Hope! :hello:
This OP looks AMAAAAZING:rave:- I’m looking forward to this blog! Hope you’re having a nice weekend!
parmezanne
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Already hyped about thissss :woo:
PhoenixLady
Rep:
?
First entry :woo: :woo:

I've had a very quiet and peaceful weekend, not done as much as I intended but I feel like I've had a proper break which is good Started watching a few TV programmes (Peaky Blinders and some reality TV aha) and just been enjoying myself, which sometimes my depression makes it hard for me to do. I am prioritising health/happiness right now :heart:

I've got my first Princes Trust meeting with my mentor on Thursday so have something to complete and send over before then, but I've genuinely enjoyed my down time and will do that tomorrow/Tuesday. However, I am also going to do a home workout before going to sleep tonight haha :innocent:

My anxiety means I panic over sometimes spending even a small amount even tho I've got a decent amount in savings, I'm not sure why I am trying to get out of that about as else I can literally panic over buying a chocolate from the shops or something. I was really in need of a lip balm, so have treated myself to this from eBay :love: I am going for a really natural look this spring, legit just skincare and this tinted colour. My ex used to go on about Instagram girls who wore a ton of makeup and it would make me so insecure, not sure if I'm choosing the opposite on purpose but w/e :P

Also got myself a green dress off eBay, it was literally £4 including postage and is soooo cute It's like this just a lighter colour

Had enough R & R which is nice now on to the week ahead :headbang: I am planning on doing a springtime picnic on Tuesday as the weather is looking up, should be good I am mixing working w playing hard, I am putting a lot of pressure on myself to do the Princes' Trust course well lol.
Last edited by PhoenixLady; 3 weeks ago
PhoenixLady
Rep:
?
(Original post by summerberry19)
Hi Hope! :hello:
This OP looks AMAAAAZING:rave:- I’m looking forward to this blog! Hope you’re having a nice weekend!
Hey Summer! :love:

Thank you so much! I tried to get arty haha I really hope you enjoy it, and that you've had a lovely weekend too! Still getting used to the new time lol :P
(Original post by parmezanne)
Already hyped about thissss :woo:
Thanks hun! I'll be posting regularly and hope I can do a good blog for y'all!
Icosagon
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hey Summer! :love:

Thank you so much! I tried to get arty haha I really hope you enjoy it, and that you've had a lovely weekend too! Still getting used to the new time lol :P
Ahhh the colour scheme is lovely! Thanks - yeah the clocks changing has messed me up a little. I’ll only know how bad it will be tomorrow morning :lol:

First entry :woo: :woo:

I've had a very quiet and peaceful weekend, not done as much as I intended but I feel like I've had a proper break which is good Started watching a few TV programmes (Peaky Blinders and some reality TV aha) and just been enjoying myself, which sometimes my depression makes it hard for me to do. I am prioritising health/happiness right now :heart:

I've got my first Princes Trust meeting with my mentor on Thursday so have something to complete and send over before then, but I've genuinely enjoyed my down time and will do that tomorrow/Tuesday. However, I am also going to do a home workout before going to sleep tonight haha :innocent:

My anxiety means I panic over sometimes spending even a small amount even tho I've got a decent amount in savings, I'm not sure why I am trying to get out of that about as else I can literally panic over buying a chocolate from the shops or something. I was really in need of a lip balm, so have treated myself to this from eBay :love: I am going for a really natural look this spring, legit just skincare and this tinted colour. My ex used to go on about Instagram girls who wore a ton of makeup and it would make me so insecure, not sure if I'm choosing the opposite on purpose but w/e :P

Also got myself a green dress off eBay, it was literally £4 including postage and is soooo cute It's like this just a lighter colour

Had enough R & R which is nice now on to the week ahead :headbang: I am planning on doing a springtime picnic on Tuesday as the weather is looking up, should be good I am mixing working w playing hard, I am putting a lot of pressure on myself to do the Princes' Trust course well lol.
Glad to hear that you’re prioritising your happiness, Hope!
I agree - that dress is very cute!
Woah - I haven’t had a picnic in a long long time! I’m getting some nice ideas though!
PhoenixLady
Rep:
?
Ahhh the colour scheme is lovely! Thanks - yeah the clocks changing has messed me up a little. I’ll only know how bad it will be tomorrow morning :lol:

Glad to hear that you’re prioritising your happiness, Hope!
I agree - that dress is very cute!
Woah - I haven’t had a picnic in a long long time! I’m getting some nice ideas though!
Thanks! Tried to make it cheerful It's like being jetlagged haha, yh. I think I'll go to bed now and get up at normal time!

Once again thank you! I am a workaholic but I want balance I guess
I hope I can pull it off aha, plus it's green which I am wearing lots of rn
Same! I looked up a list of springtime things to do as I am trying to embrace the season, here are some more ideas

https://uncustomary.org/spring-bucke...-do-in-spring/
Icosagon
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Thanks! Tried to make it cheerful It's like being jetlagged haha, yh. I think I'll go to bed now and get up at normal time!

Once again thank you! I am a workaholic but I want balance I guess
I hope I can pull it off aha, plus it's green which I am wearing lots of rn
Same! I looked up a list of springtime things to do as I am trying to embrace the season, here are some more ideas

https://uncustomary.org/spring-bucke...-do-in-spring/
- This morning wasn’t so bad after all :dance:
Thanks Hope - I’ll have a look later! I’ve actually been thinking about planning a picnic with my friends now, especially as the lockdown restrictions have eased :awesome:
PhoenixLady
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
It's EASTER weekend! :bunny: Going to get out a lot this weekend.. also find an Easter egg if I can, to replace the one I ate already :hmmm: hope everyone has a good one!

I feel so much more confident now, had my first meeting with my Princes Trust mentor and though she's pretty strict I could tell even she was impressed with the work I've done (w/o bragging :lol: ) I can also feel that I'm going to do well on my course, and got some new ideas from her yesterday. So that's something I'm v positive about!

I have two job interviews next week (I had to leave a job last month because it was just too far to commute to, up to 2 hrs one way and I couldn't get there for the earlies). Which is also giving me confidence though I don't even know if I'd take either if they were offered to me.

I really need to fix my sleep, I have PMS right now and it is all over the place, and I try to nap in the daytime but just can't :K That is the one thing I am gonna focus on first so an early night tonight after working out

My anxiety has actually been pretty good lately with feeling a lot more confident from my Princes Trust course. The one bad thing was yesterday when I was walking down the street and some Council tradesmen started making lewd remarks, wtf :nope: It was v triggering as I also confronted them and got an earful, and I am a sexual assault survivor so situations like that are even worse. Going to complain after Easter as it's unacceptable tbh!

I am also finding it hard to get my ex off my mind, especially since we didn't get closure but just kind of agreed to take a break, and then talk again during summer.. but tbh I know deep down he's not the one and also that I cant grow if I stay in love with him. Which sucks cuz he liked me for me in lots of ways no dude has :cry: but I just KNOW, it hurts to let go tho.

Most of my spring wardrobe is now together, received my green dress which was lovely :love: I am getting a black one like this but it's cheapy off eBay as I can't afford to buy new rn :ahee:

(Original post by summerberry19;undefined)
- This morning wasn’t so bad after all :dance:

Thanks Hope - I’ll have a look later! I’ve actually been thinking about planning a picnic with my friends now, especially as the lockdown restrictions have eased :awesome:
Glad to hear

Welcome Did you manage to plan anything? Make the most of the sun, it's so nice rn

parmezanne
DrawTheLine

Happy Easter guys :love:
Last edited by PhoenixLady; 2 weeks ago
Icosagon
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
It's EASTER weekend! :bunny: Going to get out a lot this weekend.. also find an Easter egg if I can, to replace the one I ate already :hmmm: hope everyone has a good one!

I feel so much more confident now, had my first meeting with my Princes Trust mentor and though she's pretty strict I could tell even she was impressed with the work I've done (w/o bragging :lol: ) I can also feel that I'm going to do well on my course, and got some new ideas from her yesterday. So that's something I'm v positive about!

I have two job interviews next week (I had to leave a job last month because it was just too far to commute to, up to 2 hrs one way and I couldn't get there for the earlies). Which is also giving me confidence though I don't even know if I'd take either if they were offered to me.

I really need to fix my sleep, I have PMS right now and it is all over the place, and I try to nap in the daytime but just can't :K That is the one thing I am gonna focus on first so an early night tonight after working out

My anxiety has actually been pretty good lately with feeling a lot more confident from my Princes Trust course. The one bad thing was yesterday when I was walking down the street and some Council tradesmen started making lewd remarks, wtf :nope: It was v triggering as I also confronted them and got an earful, and I am a sexual assault survivor so situations like that are even worse. Going to complain after Easter as it's unacceptable tbh!

I am also finding it hard to get my ex off my mind, especially since we didn't get closure but just kind of agreed to take a break, and then talk again during summer.. but tbh I know deep down he's not the one and also that I cant grow if I stay in love with him. Which sucks cuz he liked me for me in lots of ways no dude has :cry: but I just KNOW, it hurts to let go tho.

Most of my spring wardrobe is now together, received my green dress which was lovely :love: I am getting a black one like this but it's cheapy off eBay as I can't afford to buy new rn :ahee:

Good luck on both your job interviews and I hope you got some rest :hugs:
I’m so sorry that happened to you - those men are absolutely disgusting. It’s totally unacceptable- sending loads of digital hugs :jumphug:

Woahh that’s also a lovely dress!

Glad to hear

Welcome Did you manage to plan anything? Make the most of the sun, it's so nice rn

parmezanne
DrawTheLine

Thanks Hope
Nope not anything yet but I did go on a really long cycle ride with my family the other day -the weather was great and I just enjoyed myself!

Happy Easter to you too! :heart:
parmezanne
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago

Glad to hear

parmezanne
DrawTheLine

I'm glad your anxiety is improving, but I'm sorry about that incident I hope that in time, no one will have to go through the casual sexism / attacks that go completely unheard or disbelieved. It's so frustrating and I hope they take action when you complain! :yep:

And I can tell you know the getting over someone phase is a process...I know you can do this :hugs:

I haven't planned anything, but I read a lot of the day and just relaxed. I haven't really been out but then it's too cold for me!
PhoenixLady
Rep:
?
Good luck on both your job interviews and I hope you got some rest :hugs:
I’m so sorry that happened to you - those men are absolutely disgusting. It’s totally unacceptable- sending loads of digital hugs :jumphug:

Woahh that’s also a lovely dress!

Thanks Hope
Nope not anything yet but I did go on a really long cycle ride with my family the other day -the weather was great and I just enjoyed myself!

Happy Easter to you too! :heart:
Thank you so much :jumphug: Had the first one earlier today, went really well. I've been busy but also caught up on sleep and naps

I'm going to call the Council up tomorrow and complain :yep: Thank you. It's awful but I'm sure they'll sort it :hugs: :hugs:

Thanks, I'm excited for it to arrive - barely worn dresses since last summer but I want to feel girly again :love:

You're very welcome

Omg sounds amazing! The weather's been so nice lately (and then started snowing here today haha). I haven't been on a bike ride in age, kind of want to now :P Glad you had such a great time!

We're now in the post Easter period :heart: and on the run up to summer :eek:
PhoenixLady
Rep:
?
(Original post by parmezanne)
I'm glad your anxiety is improving, but I'm sorry about that incident I hope that in time, no one will have to go through the casual sexism / attacks that go completely unheard or disbelieved. It's so frustrating and I hope they take action when you complain! :yep:

And I can tell you know the getting over someone phase is a process...I know you can do this :hugs:

I haven't planned anything, but I read a lot of the day and just relaxed. I haven't really been out but then it's too cold for me!
Thanks, yep it's improving generally but stuff like that is always a setback I was also out shopping yesterday and everyone suddenly started crowding me in the reductions section out of nowhere - started panicking again! That said I'm gonna call the Council up tomorrow and thank you, I'm going to make sure they take it seriously :yep:

I really appreciate that, thank you :hugs: :heart: He did have some obvious red flags tbh, it's for the best. I'm going to unfollow him on Insta etc. too and just move forwards.

That sounds nice! I need to get back into reading again We had a sunny Easter weekend here, and then it was snowing earlier today - the weather's so unpredictable in April! :P
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (164)
4.87%
Uncertainty around my education (495)
14.69%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (378)
11.22%
Lack of purpose or motivation (471)
13.98%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (162)
4.81%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (206)
6.11%
Loneliness (286)
8.49%
Financial worries (120)
3.56%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (135)
4.01%
Exposure to negative news/social media (153)
4.54%
Lack of real life entertainment (183)
5.43%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (301)
8.93%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (315)
9.35%

Watched Threads