taking two pills in one day by accident

Watch
eden17535
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
i’m on the combined pill (microgynon 30)
i started the pill on a wednesday, but used tuesday pill without realising, on the thursday when taking it i realised i ‘missed’ wednesdays, so panicked and googled thinking i missed the pill so took both

i’ve realised now that i didn’t miss it, i’m just an idiot that didn’t realise the days! but now i’m going to finish my pack earlier than expected. what do i do when it comes to my 7 day break? do i have it a day earlier and start my pill on a tuesday now? will i still be protected? or do i take another pill from a spare pack, which means i’ve taken 22 pills and not 21, just to keep the same days?
Last edited by eden17535; 2 weeks ago
Tracey_W
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by eden17535)
i started the pill on a wednesday, but used tuesday pill without realising, on the thursday when taking it i realised i ‘missed’ wednesdays, so panicked and googled thinking i missed the pill so took both

i’ve realised now that i didn’t miss it, i’m just an idiot that didn’t realise the days! but now i’m going to finish my pack earlier than expected. what do i do when it comes to my 7 day break? do i have it a day earlier and start my pill on a tuesday now? will i still be protected? or do i take another pill from a spare pack, which means i’ve taken 22 pills and not 21, just to keep the same days?
Hi
Silly girl by doing this BUT obviously you'll just finish a day earlier and take your 7 days break and restart at end of this break. ( you could just take one day less break and get back on track with things so 6 instead of 7 ) !!!.

Just try and not take anymore than one per day ok.
You'll be protected anyway but missing a day is a no as I said above do this and get back on track with your days taking them.
Try avoiding having any intercourse during your break week till you get yourself back on track.

A NHS nurse.
black tea
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Tracey_W)
Hi
Silly girl by doing this BUT obviously you'll just finish a day earlier and take your 7 days break and restart at end of this break. ( you could just take one day less break and get back on track with things so 6 instead of 7 ) !!!.

Just try and not take anymore than one per day ok.
You'll be protected anyway but missing a day is a no as I said above do this and get back on track with your days taking them.
Try avoiding having any intercourse during your break week till you get yourself back on track.

A NHS nurse.
A bit mean to be calling OP a "silly girl" - it's a very easy mistake to make. Do you insult your patients too?

(Original post by eden17535)

You can either start your 7 day break a day earlier, or you can take a pill from your new packet, it doesn't really matter - as long as your break is no longer than 7 days, you will still be protected. The names on the pill are just there to make it easier for you to remember whether or not you have taken them, the actual pill are absolutely the same.

You could maybe try an app on your phone to keep a record and remind you to take the pill? I can't recommend any specific ones, but there are definitely apps like that out there!
eden17535
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by black tea)
A bit mean to be calling OP a "silly girl" - it's a very easy mistake to make. Do you insult your patients too?

You can either start your 7 day break a day earlier, or you can take a pill from your new packet, it doesn't really matter - as long as your break is no longer than 7 days, you will still be protected. The names on the pill are just there to make it easier for you to remember whether or not you have taken them, the actual pill are absolutely the same.

You could maybe try an app on your phone to keep a record and remind you to take the pill? I can't recommend any specific ones, but there are definitely apps like that out there!
hey,
thank you for the advice, i’ve been on the pill for over 5 years and this is the first time i’ve made a mistake - don’t think i’ve been silly at all!

thank you for your advice, was panicking a little!

i do have an app, and have done since i started the pill so it reminds me to take it. i just made the mistake of picking the wrong day when it was actually correct, life’s been a bit of a blur lately
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you consider Adjustment if your grades were higher than you expected?

Yes, I'd look at higher ranking universities than my current choices (162)
41.65%
Yes, I'd look for a course or uni that is a better fit for me (56)
14.4%
No, I'd stick with my current uni choice (163)
41.9%
Something else (let us know in the thread below!) (8)
2.06%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed