The Student Room Group

Can drill music make people violent?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by V℮rsions
A cancer of UK culture if you ask me.

Didn't Drill start in Chicago?
The first (and only good one imo) big Drill star was obviously Chief Keef. Dunno why ppl think Drill is just a UK thing lol.
Original post by Yukikobestgirl
The first (and only good one imo) big Drill star was obviously Chief Keef. Dunno why ppl think Drill is just a UK thing lol.

Yes, it did. But it's also now a large part of UK culture-- hence why some of the biggest drill artists are UK citizens and hence why one of the majority consumers of drill music are the UK

Tea didn't originate in the UK but to say it's not a part of our culture is moronic.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Yukikobestgirl

That’s what I said lol
But I got told off so lemme keep quiet today
Original post by CaptainDuckie
Nah, it’s alright man. I know, I don’t hate you or anything and you’re perfectly fine to make threads. But I don’t like when people react the way you do when they get challenged. Normally accept defeat, defend your corner or just don’t respond. Not that deep

TSR doesn’t pay you.

Ok you’ve made your point lol have a nice dua
most the ppl on here don’t even listen to proper drill, thinking people like Unknown T or Russ are actually OJ. If you listen to drill, can actually deep the lyrics and not let them go over your head, especially when it comes from people who live what they rap about, it makes you violent. It definitely has that affect of me, I listen to a lot of drill, especially when working out. Creates aggression in me.
Original post by aaryxnn
most the ppl on here don’t even listen to proper drill, thinking people like Unknown T or Russ are actually OJ. If you listen to drill, can actually deep the lyrics and not let them go over your head, especially when it comes from people who live what they rap about, it makes you violent. It definitely has that affect of me, I listen to a lot of drill, especially when working out. Creates aggression in me.

Is drill music the same as jungle music?
Original post by aaryxnn

I agree and the lyrics are really important as well yeah
Original post by whotebluer
Is drill music the same as jungle music?

What’s that?
I don’t really know how to explain it
It’s kind of like hardcore grime I think
Original post by aaryxnn

Real drill changes your mindset and hypes you up into believing you're something you're not which is why I agree it can cause an increase in gang culture. Example the OFB fanboys from outside London who actually think they rep OFB and try to act like gang members.
Original post by Cıllıan
Real drill changes your mindset and hypes you up into believing you're something you're not which is why I agree it can cause an increase in gang culture. Example the OFB fanboys from outside London who actually think they rep OFB and try to act like gang members.

Idk if I should bring this thread back bcuz it’s pretty controversial and a lot of ppl were disagreeing with me
Original post by chelsea.uri
Idk if I should bring this thread back bcuz it’s pretty controversial and a lot of ppl were disagreeing with me

A lot of people here probably listen to pop music and don't actually know what drill is. But it's best to let the thread die
Original post by Cıllıan
A lot of people here probably listen to pop music and don't actually know what drill is. But it's best to let the thread die

I agree loool

Quick Reply

Latest