itsyourgirlfatma
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
How do y’all create a good study timetable?

Dishac_
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Don't add loads of subjects on one day as you probably won't be properly absorbing all the information, instead, do one or two subjects a day to make sure you understand the material.

Find out how long your attention span is - i work for 25mins then take a 5min break before repeating because i think it boosts my productivity.

Make sure you set realistic goals for yourself

There's an app called Adapt that basically makes your timetable for you. It is quite customizable too.
University of Strathclyde Student Ambassador
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by itsyourgirlfatma)
Hey itsyourgirlfatma

I found it really helpful to stick to the same schedule I had in school. Working in this way helped me to focus as I took a break in the morning and an hour out for lunch so I was sticking to a routine that I was used to. Usually, I'd watch some tv or go out for a walk during my lunch break. I would also revise topics that I didn't understand as much then leave topics I was good at to revise later.

I kept a copy of my timetable at the front of my subject folders to help me remember what classes I had. I also found it useful to keep a copy on the kitchen wall so that if I was studying in there, I could see my revision for the day. I would also recommend keeping a copy at the front of your diary as you'll always check that to see what deadlines you've got for coursework. I also liked to keep a copy by my study desk to see what revision I needed to do that evening.

Reward yourself too- after I finish my revision, I take some time out at the end of the day to cook and watch some tv. Rest days are really important too! Plan something fun for your days off and this will give you something to look forward too.

Hope this helps 

Melissa- Student Ambassador
_martha
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by itsyourgirlfatma)
There are 2 main ways to create one - either by time, or content.
If you want to do one using time, allocate subjects for a set amount of time each day. Make sure to include regular breaks in this and try not to work continuously for an extended period of time (pomodoro method is great for this).
If you choose to make a timetable using content, rather than specify a time frame where you must be working, decide on set amount of content to revise/tasks that you are going to get done each day. I prefer this method as I don’t like feeling constrained with times, but do whatever works best for you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What would make a great online university open day?

Virtual campus tour (66)
19.08%
Virtual accommodation tour (51)
14.74%
Find out about sports clubs, societies and facilities (17)
4.91%
Video content about the local area (3)
0.87%
Webinars with lecturers (11)
3.18%
Taster lectures or seminars (72)
20.81%
Speak to current students studying my course (80)
23.12%
Speak to current students about the uni in general (13)
3.76%
Fun online activities or experiences (13)
3.76%
Connecting with careers services or employers (8)
2.31%
Info about student wellbeing and support services (6)
1.73%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (6)
1.73%

Watched Threads