Mphil Social Anthropology - Cambridge

Watch
paulinel25
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hi, has anyone heard back from the Social Anth Mphil at Cambridge? I've applied by the 7th of January deadline and it still states "under review by department" on my portal
Bobbybrays00
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by paulinel25)
Hi, has anyone heard back from the Social Anth Mphil at Cambridge? I've applied by the 7th of January deadline and it still states "under review by department" on my portal
I think responded to you on the general thread. I also applied by the January deadline and received my offer during February 3rd with a college placement. Although I also have offers from the MSc/Mphil Oxford Social Anthropology. My decision will be based partly on funding... I’m still trying to see which would be better for study.
paulinel25
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by Bobbybrays00)
I think responded to you on the general thread. I also applied by the January deadline and received my offer during February 3rd with a college placement. Although I also have offers from the MSc/Mphil Oxford Social Anthropology. My decision will be based partly on funding... I’m still trying to see which would be better for study.
Wow you got an offer so quickly! Keep me updated between which one you choose, and congrats!
Bobbybrays00
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Wow you got an offer so quickly! Keep me updated between which one you choose, and congrats!
I was surprised it was that fast. Hopefully I get funding and decide sooner! Please keep me up to date in your process!
RichSt91
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi guys,

I heard back two days ago and have been put on the waiting list. Annoyingly, I won't be able to find out until the end of May and have already hated waiting this long! I've currently got offers from LSE, UCL, SOAS & Sussex and will now need to accept one and then, if accepted to Cambridge in May, renegede on my offer. Hopefully this won't be a problem. Is anyone here on the waiting list or does anyone know someone who has been placed on it? I'd quite like to know how good a chance I have.

Happy Easter
paulinel25
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I was surprised it was that fast. Hopefully I get funding and decide sooner! Please keep me up to date in your process!
I got rejected sadly
Bobbybrays00
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I got rejected sadly
Oh my, I’m so sorry. I know how excruciating the wait is and how hard you must have worked. Do you have any other plans and school offers?
MPhil20212021
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
How are people deciding between Cambridge and Oxford MPhils?
Bobbybrays00
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by MPhil20212021)
How are people deciding between Cambridge and Oxford MPhils?
I’m basing mine on funding and faculty. What about you?
MPhil20212021
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
I’m basing mine on funding and faculty. What about you?
Funding as well, but I did anthropology in my undergraduate degree so i don't think oxford will be as suited for me, but wondered what others thought on the course content!
Bobbybrays00
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
(Original post by MPhil20212021)
Funding as well, but I did anthropology in my undergraduate degree so i don't think oxford will be as suited for me, but wondered what others thought on the course content!
Ah that’s interesting! My undergrad was in sociology but took 2-3 anthropology courses. In general, I found both Oxford and Cambridge courses suitable. I’m curious as to what is different about Cambridge courses or faculty that makes it a favoured destination for you?
paulinel25
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 day ago
Oh my, I’m so sorry. I know how excruciating the wait is and how hard you must have worked. Do you have any other plans and school offers?
I've got an offer to study socio-cultural Anthropology at Durham, I'm waiting on UCL for Digital Anthropology and on LSE for the MSc Gender. Do you think you could send me your personal statement by any chance? I'm planning on reapplying to Cambridge next year and I'd like to see what it takes to get in. (PS: I'm an undergrad at Oxford uni)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What would make a great online university open day?

Virtual campus tour (66)
19.02%
Virtual accommodation tour (51)
14.7%
Find out about sports clubs, societies and facilities (17)
4.9%
Video content about the local area (3)
0.86%
Webinars with lecturers (11)
3.17%
Taster lectures or seminars (72)
20.75%
Speak to current students studying my course (80)
23.05%
Speak to current students about the uni in general (13)
3.75%
Fun online activities or experiences (13)
3.75%
Connecting with careers services or employers (8)
2.31%
Info about student wellbeing and support services (6)
1.73%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (7)
2.02%

Watched Threads