Exeter or Queens University Belfast for Postgraduate in special education needs

Watch this thread
MariaSQ
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi, guys

So I got accepted into Exeter univeristy and Queens university belfast for postgraduate in special education needs and inclusion but I'm confused about which university to choose. Which of the two is the less expensive option and easy to get a scholarship from ?
Peony123
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
Queens! I’m a law graduate and living costs in Belfast is loads cheaper than mainland U.K. and you can get a GB scholarship if you are from GB
MariaSQ
Rep:
(Original post by Peony123)
Queens! I’m a law graduate and living costs in Belfast is loads cheaper than mainland U.K. and you can get a GB scholarship if you are from GB
Hey!
Thank you so much for your reply. I'm not from GB but I'll definitely see what other scholarship they're offering 😊
Peony123
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by MariaSQ)
Hey!
Thank you so much for your reply. I'm not from GB but I'll definitely see what other scholarship they're offering 😊
If you have any questions about the uni and area feel free to message me
MariaSQ
Rep:
(Original post by Peony123)
If you have any questions about the uni and area feel free to message me
Thanks a lot 😊 could you just tell me a bit about the accommodation near QuB? Anywhere that's safe and not too pricey
Peony123
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Thanks a lot 😊 could you just tell me a bit about the accommodation near QuB? Anywhere that's safe and not too pricey
QUB accommodation is decent price, safe areas and decent rooms. I stayed in BT9, they have UG and PG accommodation. However houses in stranmillis are nice if you wanted to go private.
Queen's University Belfast Student Reps
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Hi, guys

So I got accepted into Exeter univeristy and Queens university belfast for postgraduate in special education needs and inclusion but I'm confused about which university to choose. Which of the two is the less expensive option and easy to get a scholarship from ?
Hi MariaSQ,

Congratulations on your offers both are great universities.
I am a student rep for Queen's, I am completeing my third year of my undergrad and am going onto do a masters, so I can vouch for student life in Queen's and Belfast. In terms of cost, Belfast is very likely cheaper than Exeter, student housing in Belfast is the cheapest I know it anywhere. None of my friends at uni in England pay less than me for their house. I am not aware of scholarships for postgrad but that information should be easily found. Here is a link to the Queen's page about scholarships https://www.qub.ac.uk/Study/Undergra.../Scholarships/
Also if you would like to talk to a student ambassador for your course head over to our 'Ask a a course ambassador' thread.
Queen's is a big but friendly univeristy with great facilities set in a fun city, I hope you will decide to come here
If you have any other queries ask away

Thanks,
Team Queen's,
Charlotte, Third Year, English and History
MariaSQ
Rep:
(Original post by Queen's University Belfast Student Reps)
Hi MariaSQ,

Congratulations on your offers both are great universities.
I am a student rep for Queen's, I am completeing my third year of my undergrad and am going onto do a masters, so I can vouch for student life in Queen's and Belfast. In terms of cost, Belfast is very likely cheaper than Exeter, student housing in Belfast is the cheapest I know it anywhere. None of my friends at uni in England pay less than me for their house. I am not aware of scholarships for postgrad but that information should be easily found. Here is a link to the Queen's page about scholarships https://www.qub.ac.uk/Study/Undergra.../Scholarships/
Also if you would like to talk to a student ambassador for your course head over to our 'Ask a a course ambassador' thread.
Queen's is a big but friendly univeristy with great facilities set in a fun city, I hope you will decide to come here
If you have any other queries ask away

Thanks,
Team Queen's,
Charlotte, Third Year, English and History
Thank you so much for your reply
I'm definitely considering Queens for my postgraduate. Could you recommend a cheap accomodation near the univeristy ?
Last edited by MariaSQ; 1 year ago
Queen's University Belfast Student Reps
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Thank you so much for your reply
I'm definitely considering Queens for my postgraduate. Could you recommend a cheap accomodation near the univeristy ?
Hi Maria,

The Elms BT1/BT2 university accommodation is great for postgrads! You get perks such as a free on-site gym, a great common room, and its a 15 min walk away from the university. Here's a link - https://www.qub.ac.uk/accommodation/...ation-belfast/
It's a comparable price to standard UK uni accommodation.

Hope this helps!
Team Queen's
Emily
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (56)
26.29%
As I expected (68)
31.92%
Harder (81)
38.03%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (8)
3.76%

Watched Threads