The Student Room Group

Lower Maintainanece Loan than expected ???

Hi
I am a yr 13 student applying for uni 2021
I recently got approved for student finance but the mainatainence loan was only 4500 pounds
my mother is a single mom working in hospitality with a household income >30000 pounds
I thoughT I would be getting a lot more and frankly 4500 would not be enough as I would be moving out and studying outside london and my mother would not be able to support me
idk what to do
any advice on what to do would be really helpful
Thanks
Original post by THreaMaker
Hi
I am a yr 13 student applying for uni 2021
I recently got approved for student finance but the mainatainence loan was only 4500 pounds
my mother is a single mom working in hospitality with a household income >30000 pounds
I thoughT I would be getting a lot more and frankly 4500 would not be enough as I would be moving out and studying outside london and my mother would not be able to support me
idk what to do
any advice on what to do would be really helpful
Thanks

SFE haven’t assessed your household income yet. They assess your basic eligibility first and award the basic loan amount quickly. It takes another 6-8 weeks for the household income assessment to be completed. Once that’s done they’ll adjust your loan amount upwards.
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
SFE haven’t assessed your household income yet. They assess your basic eligibility first and award the basic loan amount quickly. It takes another 6-8 weeks for the household income assessment to be completed. Once that’s done they’ll adjust your loan amount upwards.

Thanks so much for replying
my mum started to have panic attacks lol 😂

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending