claire2orr
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hi! I have offers from both Sheffield and Nottingham to study Architecture. But i’m not sure which i want to go to more. They both have the same grade requirements but i think Sheff is slightly higher ranked for the course whereas Notts is slightly higher ranked overall. Can anyone help me decide which uni to choose?
L.Green
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
i think as a general point,have a look at the course structure again and see if there's anything particular you like.Also things you may want to consider would be the city,the area you'd stay,distance from family,job prospects in the future.Maube speak to anyone who studies there to get a better idea of how the uni is like.
chibichibi_xx
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi! I'm a student at Nottingham (although I'm studying pharmacy and not architecture). If you've got any questions, feel free to ask me - I'm not being paid by the uni so I'll give you my 100% honest opinion
University of Sheffield Students
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by claire2orr)
Hi! I have offers from both Sheffield and Nottingham to study Architecture. But i’m not sure which i want to go to more. They both have the same grade requirements but i think Sheff is slightly higher ranked for the course whereas Notts is slightly higher ranked overall. Can anyone help me decide which uni to choose?
Hi there! I'm currently in my third year at Sheffield (although music, not architecture) but I can give you an overview of my opinions of the uni and the city as a whole.

Sheffield is a very friendly city and feels very safe even at night etc. There are loads of parks within the city and the peaks are only a short drive away from the centre so perfect for walking/hiking/biking etc. Our Students' Union has been rated number 1 in the UK for 11 years running - great shops, cafes, restaurants, and Foundry (the SU nightclub) in the basement - the nightlife in the city is great too. I've only been to Nottingham once during the day so I'm not sure how the two compare. I loved Nottingham when I visited too!

I'd recommend asking as many questions as you can and try and visit the places before you chose if you can (depending on COVID I suppose) - this is how I decided on what Uni I wanted to go to. As cheesy as it sounds, Sheffield almost instantly felt like home to me.

Let me know if you have any further questions

Emily
- 3rd Year, BMus
claire2orr
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 days ago
(Original post by chibichibi_xx)
Hi! I'm a student at Nottingham (although I'm studying pharmacy and not architecture). If you've got any questions, feel free to ask me - I'm not being paid by the uni so I'll give you my 100% honest opinion
hiya!!!! would u say it’s a very social uni? is it easy to make friends or party in halls?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What would make a great online university open day?

Virtual campus tour (61)
19.18%
Virtual accommodation tour (45)
14.15%
Find out about sports clubs, societies and facilities (16)
5.03%
Video content about the local area (3)
0.94%
Webinars with lecturers (11)
3.46%
Taster lectures or seminars (70)
22.01%
Speak to current students studying my course (68)
21.38%
Speak to current students about the uni in general (13)
4.09%
Fun online activities or experiences (12)
3.77%
Connecting with careers services or employers (8)
2.52%
Info about student wellbeing and support services (5)
1.57%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (6)
1.89%

Watched Threads