easytiger09
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hi,
I applied for student finance as a mature student who will be 'living away from home' as I am currently living in Kent. I received notification that I am eligible for full maintenance.
However, come September I will need to end my tenancy to move either to uni halls or somewhere closer to uni because I won't be able to cover the cost of my flat which is 320 miles away from uni- so i guess technically I will have no fixed abode.
Outside of term time I will most likely be living in temporary accommodation back in Kent or with friends but no idea yet. So my question is am I considered as 'living at home' if I move to the area of my university? I can't find much information as I doubt many people make themselves intentionally homeless to attend uni but I know I would be entitled to less maintenance if 'I live at home'. Can anyone help please!
Ff10n
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I think ‘live at home’ is interpreted as living with your parents/in a house you own. If you’re living in uni halls or renting near the uni, you’re not living at home.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (192)
5.07%
Uncertainty around my education (555)
14.66%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (422)
11.15%
Lack of purpose or motivation (520)
13.73%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (189)
4.99%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (226)
5.97%
Loneliness (317)
8.37%
Financial worries (139)
3.67%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (148)
3.91%
Exposure to negative news/social media (170)
4.49%
Lack of real life entertainment (215)
5.68%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (338)
8.93%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (355)
9.38%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed