ValeciaCho
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I'm planning on doing a 2nd degree in nursing. My 1st degree was a BSc Maths (2008) and I got a pass (no honours).

I'm 34 and plan on living at home, but I still have to pay rent. My brother is the one with their name on the mortgage.

Could I still get tuition costs covered? I know it's possible if your 1st degree was an honours grade, but mine wasn't. On the other hand the wording does say "Honours degree or a higher level of qualification".

Does Higher level of qualification = degree with no honours?

Where do I apply for the £5000/year grant?

What other financial assistance could I get Maintenance Loans, extra help etc?
Last edited by ValeciaCho; 3 weeks ago
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Nursing is an exempt subject. That means you’ll get funded like this is your first time at university regardless of how long you studied in the past or what qualifications you hold.

The online application system doesn’t often recognise exempt courses so you might need to apply using the paper PN1 form by post instead - so don’t delay applying for funding.
ValeciaCho
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by PQ)
Nursing is an exempt subject. That means you’ll get funded like this is your first time at university regardless of how long you studied in the past or what qualifications you hold.

The online application system doesn’t often recognise exempt courses so you might need to apply using the paper PN1 form by post instead - so don’t delay applying for funding.
Aha, I still remember in 2004, I was doing my applications in good ol' fashion paper n ink.
Roger on the apply ASAP. Got plenty of time since I plan on doing this course in 2022.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (192)
5.07%
Uncertainty around my education (555)
14.66%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (422)
11.15%
Lack of purpose or motivation (520)
13.73%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (189)
4.99%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (226)
5.97%
Loneliness (317)
8.37%
Financial worries (139)
3.67%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (148)
3.91%
Exposure to negative news/social media (170)
4.49%
Lack of real life entertainment (215)
5.68%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (338)
8.93%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (355)
9.38%

Watched Threads