Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
My ex gf just texted me she wants to die, because her ex is giving her loads of abuse and her family isn’t taking to her (All because of me that’s why she broke up with me). And I stupidly didn’t read what she had written cause I was replying to what she already said before, so she thought I ignored her but I really wasn’t and now she isn’t replying and told me to leave her alone. But I don’t want anything bad to happen to her, I said I’d leave her alone but I’m here for her and that she’ll get through this. I don’t know what to do please help I just don’t want her to hurt herself or worse
aliyahiqbal
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
hey man don't blame yourself it seems like an honest mistake, also my family ignored me for a while for a similar reason but dw it might go back to normal after a few weeks or months. u should tell her to block her ex if he's giving her abuse. also if the suicidal feelings are serious like a sadness that lasts longer than two weeks she should definitely seek help, mindsmatter.com is a great way to get therapy but it does have a waiting list, also kooth.com is great because you can anonymously talk to counsellors online so that might be good for her too. hopefully things get better.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by aliyahiqbal)
hey man don't blame yourself it seems like an honest mistake, also my family ignored me for a while for a similar reason but dw it might go back to normal after a few weeks or months. u should tell her to block her ex if he's giving her abuse. also if the suicidal feelings are serious like a sadness that lasts longer than two weeks she should definitely seek help, mindsmatter.com is a great way to get therapy but it does have a waiting list, also kooth.com is great because you can anonymously talk to counsellors online so that might be good for her too. hopefully things get better.
Thankyou, yes it was just a mistake but she got very angry understandably and I just feel like I made however she is feeling even worse. Because now she thinks that I don’t care. I have told her before to block her ex and she did have him blocked for a while but then she unblocked him and he’d make fake accounts and stand outside her house, he’s a psycho b she won’t let me do anything and any time I try to help she gets upset at me for making it out to be easy and will blame me for him being back in her life. She has told me that she has been diagnosed with depression and for about a month or more she’s been very upset a lot. I sent her some helplines and things to contact and she’s replied by having a go at me saying I think she’s dumb and I can **** off and how I’m a rude ****, but I told her I was just trying to help
aliyahiqbal
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Thankyou, yes it was just a mistake but she got very angry understandably and I just feel like I made however she is feeling even worse. Because now she thinks that I don’t care. I have told her before to block her ex and she did have him blocked for a while but then she unblocked him and he’d make fake accounts and stand outside her house, he’s a psycho b she won’t let me do anything and any time I try to help she gets upset at me for making it out to be easy and will blame me for him being back in her life. She has told me that she has been diagnosed with depression and for about a month or more she’s been very upset a lot. I sent her some helplines and things to contact and she’s replied by having a go at me saying I think she’s dumb and I can **** off and how I’m a rude ****, but I told her I was just trying to help
i think she needs time to accept it, also sometimes people keep toxic people in their lives and there's nothing you can do if they want them there. it'll take a while for her to feel any better, is she going to get any help like therapy or medication?
Anonymous #1
i think she needs time to accept it, also sometimes people keep toxic people in their lives and there's nothing you can do if they want them there. it'll take a while for her to feel any better, is she going to get any help like therapy or medication?
I don’t think so, she won’t talk to me and I said I’d leave her alone but I’m here to listen if she wants to talk, but whenever I’ve mentioned anything like that in the past shes made me out to be some horrible person who thinks she’s dumb
aliyahiqbal
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I don’t think so, she won’t talk to me and I said I’d leave her alone but I’m here to listen if she wants to talk, but whenever I’ve mentioned anything like that in the past shes made me out to be some horrible person who thinks she’s dumb
I guess just be extra sensitive to her needs and reassure her a lot because often people with depression have low self-esteem and very closed thoughts so can be very stubborn so for now try not to help too much and just get on good terms and be there for her when she needs it. hopefully, if she's been diagnosed she'll get some help in time.
Anonymous #1
I guess just be extra sensitive to her needs and reassure her a lot because often people with depression have low self-esteem and very closed thoughts so can be very stubborn so for now try not to help too much and just get on good terms and be there for her when she needs it. hopefully, if she's been diagnosed she'll get some help in time.
Okay thankyou, I’ll try to be extra sensitive and reassuring. Yes I’ll try not to help too much because I feel when I try to help I just make it worse because she either misunderstands or takes what I say as a negative somehow so I’ll just try to get on good terms and be there if she needs. I hope she does get some help I just want her to be safe and happy
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (58)
21.56%
Excited but a bit nervous (123)
45.72%
Not bothered either way (35)
13.01%
I'm really nervous (53)
19.7%

Watched Threads