Imperial A100

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
What stats are needed to get an interview?
isabelmarant
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
This year it was above 10.9 combined in BMAT sections 1 and 2 and at least 2.5A in the essay approximately. Plus you must meet any GCSE requirements/A-Level requirements and personal statement checks. Normally the BMAT cutoff is like 8.5 ish in the first two sections but jumped up a lot this year bc Imperial received 26% more applications for A100.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by isabelmarant)
This year it was above 10.9 combined in BMAT sections 1 and 2 and at least 2.5A in the essay approximately. Plus you must meet any GCSE requirements/A-Level requirements and personal statement checks. Normally the BMAT cutoff is like 8.5 ish in the first two sections but jumped up a lot this year bc Imperial received 26% more applications for A100.
Thanks
ah man its so much more competitive
what gcse grades are needed?/
isabelmarant
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Thanks
ah man its so much more competitive
what gcse grades are needed?/
I think they only look at the minimum? e.g. 6s in maths and both english exams and then it doesn't matter. Not 100% sure, you should contact Imperial admissions for more accurate info but I do know that Imperial is not very GCSE-heavy, unlike Oxford, King's or Nottingham. Same for A-Levels, I think everyone who has above AAA is treated the same, so there's no difference if you're predicted 3As or 4 A*s. The main factor for interview is BMAT, they rank everyone on BMAT and interview down the list until there's no more spaces, and that's where the BMAT cutoff is decided.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by isabelmarant)
i think they only look at the minimum? E.g. 6s in maths and both english exams and then it doesn't matter. Not 100% sure, you should contact imperial admissions for more accurate info but i do know that imperial is not very gcse-heavy, unlike oxford, king's or nottingham. Same for a-levels, i think everyone who has above aaa is treated the same, so there's no difference if you're predicted 3as or 4 a*s. The main factor for interview is bmat, they rank everyone on bmat and interview down the list until there's no more spaces, and that's where the bmat cutoff is decided.
thank you so mucchc !
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Physics Paper 1 exam go?

Great! Feeling positive (43)
29.45%
It went fairly well (65)
44.52%
It didn't go too well (25)
17.12%
TERRIBLE! (13)
8.9%

Watched Threads