The Student Room Group

M1 northbound speeding

Hi was anyone driving northbound Sunday 21st February junction 24/25 breaston around 8.50am ? I don’t recall seeing any road works or 40mph gantry warning signs , I was flashed for doing 70mph , cars were even taking over me I was in the 2nd lane , the photo the police send of the 40mph gantry don’t look right , apparently the gantry warnings were turned off at 9.15am by the highways /halogen report and the graph they said at the time I went through saise 60mph then to national speed limit but can’t use as evidence as courts take preference with the police apparently.. what a joke!!
Reply 1
Original post by Cfcdorian67
Hi was anyone driving northbound Sunday 21st February junction 24/25 breaston around 8.50am ? I don’t recall seeing any road works or 40mph gantry warning signs , I was flashed for doing 70mph , cars were even taking over me I was in the 2nd lane , the photo the police send of the 40mph gantry don’t look right , apparently the gantry warnings were turned off at 9.15am by the highways /halogen report and the graph they said at the time I went through saise 60mph then to national speed limit but can’t use as evidence as courts take preference with the police apparently.. what a joke!!

Half of your post makes zero sense. Please rewrite it so it's coherent if you want to receive any answers.

Is this the one just before the turning to the A50 (J24A)? If so, the picture would have come from the EAV unit (the pole with 2/3 cameras) just before the main camera which snaps a picture of the variable message sign to confirm the speed limit at the time. Is this what you're referring to? Have you received a SJPN? What stage are you at?
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 3
hi yes that's the junction , the stage is the plea of guilty or not ,and a statement received from a police officer, and my earrings income and outgoings etc, and they sent a photo of the gantry stating 40mph which we truly didn't see, we saw every other sign and kept to the speed limit as I always do but this one don't recall and to make things worse I was doing 73mph , I would of definitely slowedthanks dorian
hi yes that's the junction , the stage is the plea of guilty or not ,and a statement received from a police officer, and my earrings income and outgoings etc, and they sent a photo of the gantry stating 40mph which we truly didn't see, we saw every other sign and kept to the speed limit as I always do but this one don't recall and to make things worse I was doing 73mph , I would of definitely slowedthanks dorian

Not seeing a legally displayed posted limit isn't a defense unfortunately. You're looking at either a <= 56 day disqualification or 6 points and a band C fine. Why was a statement (presumably s9) received?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending