Doing a BTEC and foundation year

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
The foundation year at Uni I want to go to is based at a college nearby. I miss the entry requirements by a 3 modules of my BTEC as they accept BTEC national diploma at DD. I have a qualification in extended certificate and if I finish the other 3 units, I can convert this to a national diploma.. however, I am not sure whether this will work but at the BTEC and foundation year are based at the same college, is it possible to do both in the same year?
roseflamingo
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
The foundation year at Uni I want to go to is based at a college nearby. I miss the entry requirements by a 3 modules of my BTEC as they accept BTEC national diploma at DD. I have a qualification in extended certificate and if I finish the other 3 units, I can convert this to a national diploma.. however, I am not sure whether this will work but at the BTEC and foundation year are based at the same college, is it possible to do both in the same year? Eg, do the BTEC as a private candidates on the side
Last edited by roseflamingo; 3 months ago
Anonymous #1
BUMP
Anonymous #1
The foundation year at Uni I want to go to is based at a college nearby. I miss the entry requirements by a 3 modules of my BTEC as they accept BTEC national diploma at DD. I have a qualification in extended certificate and if I finish the other 3 units, I can convert this to a national diploma.. however, I am not sure whether this will work but at the BTEC and foundation year are based at the same college, is it possible to do both in the same year? Eg, do the BTEC as a private candidates on the side
Kumaa1995
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
I would contact admissions directly, but I doubt they would allow you to continue doing the BTEC as a private candidate whilst also starting your Foundation year. At the very least it isn't something they're going to recommend you do. They are likely going to suggest you either finish the BTEC anyway or have some leniency with requirements

My only question would be; why would you want to do the BTEC whilst doing a foundation year? If you go for the full degree then your degree will only overshadow the BTEC
Last edited by Kumaa1995; 3 months ago
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Kumaa1995)
I would contact admissions directly, but I doubt they would allow you to continue doing the BTEC as a private candidate whilst also starting your Foundation year. At the very least it isn't something they're going to recommend you do. They are likely going to suggest you either finish the BTEC anyway or have some leniency with requirements

My only question would be; why would you want to do the BTEC whilst doing a foundation year? If you go for the full degree then your degree will only overshadow the BTEC
I can’t finish the BTEC off this year and I want to go to uni this year instead of delaying another year. I only need to finish 3 units to get the national diploma that meets their entry requirements for the foundation year. I want to do the foundation year this year and do the BTEC at the same time.
roseflamingo
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I can’t finish the BTEC off this year and I want to go to uni this year instead of delaying another year. I only need to finish 3 units to get the national diploma that meets their entry requirements for the foundation year. I want to do the foundation year this year and do the BTEC at the same time.
I’m on a gap year at the minute and did my a levels in 2020
Anonymous #1
Bump
Kumaa1995
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
What I meant to say was if you're going to get onto the Foundation year, then the need for you to do your BTEC wouldn't even be there as you'll be enrolled anyway on the Foundation Year. Again, it is best to contact admissions for the course and clarify your circumstances with them to see what they'd say/recommend as it ultimately comes down to them. Some universities may take into account the relevance of the BTEC itself in addition to your personal statement

If you don't mind me asking what is the course you're applying for and what is the BTEC?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Kumaa1995)
What I meant to say was if you're going to get onto the Foundation year, then the need for you to do your BTEC wouldn't even be there as you'll be enrolled anyway on the Foundation Year. Again, it is best to contact admissions for the course and clarify your circumstances with them to see what they'd say/recommend as it ultimately comes down to them. Some universities may take into account the relevance of the BTEC itself in addition to your personal statement

If you don't mind me asking what is the course you're applying for and what is the BTEC?
It’s for pharmacy with foundation year. BTEC applied science extended certificate. I want to convert this to national diploma which meets entry requirements.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (73)
23.03%
Excited but a bit nervous (142)
44.79%
Not bothered either way (38)
11.99%
I'm really nervous (64)
20.19%

Watched Threads