jjhgfddswrtuoo
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
Can i do IT as a level if I haven't done it for GCSE but have done DT
0le
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by jjhgfddswrtuoo)
Can i do IT as a level if I haven't done it for GCSE but have done DT
DT is design and technology and is more engineering related. IT is related more to networking and computers. I don't think there is much similarity between the two subjects. You may be able to do it - maybe some colleges do not require an IT GCSE - but you would need to check the requirements closely for each college.
Last edited by 0le; 7 months ago
Jonathanツ
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 7 months ago
I did BTEC IT, did not require anything

It is usually only computer science which requires high grades in maths and stuff
🧡Hajera
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Jonathanツ)
I did BTEC IT, did not require anything

It is usually only computer science which requires high grades in maths and stuff
What’s the course like? I’m thinking of doing ocr ict is it similar?
Jonathanツ
Rep:
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by 🧡Hajera)
What’s the course like? I’m thinking of doing ocr ict is it similar?
I did BTEC IT but my teachers said it's incredibly similar content to the A-Level

Overall I enjoyed it but please make sure you know the difference between IT and Computer Science as they are very different
🧡Hajera
Rep:
Report 7 months ago
I did BTEC IT but my teachers said it's incredibly similar content to the A-Level

Overall I enjoyed it but please make sure you know the difference between IT and Computer Science as they are very different
What specific things is it about? Can u summarise
Jonathanツ
Rep:
Report 7 months ago
What specific things is it about? Can u summarise
IT was about the ways in which technology is used to benefit businesses

The course taught us skills in using software to create databases, spreadsheets, graphics, and other practical software that allow one to optimize daily tasks.
The course also goes through the problems with technology eg security and maintenance.
I'm sure there will be a lot of info on Google but computer science is about creating software and IT is utilizing it...
🧡Hajera
Rep:
Report 7 months ago
IT was about the ways in which technology is used to benefit businesses

The course taught us skills in using software to create databases, spreadsheets, graphics, and other practical software that allow one to optimize daily tasks.
The course also goes through the problems with technology eg security and maintenance.
I'm sure there will be a lot of info on Google but computer science is about creating software and IT is utilizing it...
Ohh okay. Do u think ocr ict/it goes well with a level media,graphics and business? For a career in advertising
Jonathanツ
Rep:
Report 7 months ago
Ohh okay. Do u think ocr ict/it goes well with a level media,graphics and business? For a career in advertising
Definitely
Last edited by Jonathanツ; 7 months ago
🧡Hajera
Rep:
Report 7 months ago
Definitely
Tysmm! But if I had to take out one subject which would u advise?
Jonathanツ
Rep:
Report 7 months ago
Tysmm! But if I had to take out one subject which would u advise?
Maybe IT... Graphics will teach you how to use software like the Adobe Suite which is likely to be more appropriate for advertising...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you give consent for uni's to contact your parent/trusted person in a mental health crisis?

Yes - my parent/carer (67)
33.5%
Yes - a trusted person (54)
27%
No (52)
26%
I'm not sure (27)
13.5%

Watched Threads