Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

To what extent is TSR a "dirty little secret"? Watch

As the question asks, how protective of TSR are you in real life? Do you mention it in conversation? Do you browse it in public places? Or do you sever all ties between TSR and the real world?

ReputationRep:
    Well I saw a guy walking down the street the other day who I'd chatted to briefly on here and I just thought it was weird to be honest so I didn't say hello.

ReputationRep:
    :no:
    I dont talk about Internet stuff in real life.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, neither do I. I feel slightly embarassed about it tbh.

ReputationRep:
    i sit in the corner of a darkened room and touch myself while i'm on TSR

ReputationRep:
    About half of my year at school know that I post here.

Some people know; most don't. I don't talk about the meets though. Too bad; too sad.

ReputationRep:
    I dont really ever talk about it, but its not like im ashamed of it or whatever; it just passes the time.

To answer the question, I keep TSR totally discrete from real life. Totally.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Seanisonfire)
    i sit in the corner of a darkened room and touch myself while i'm on TSR
    I touch him too

ReputationRep:
    i never go in it in public, i prefer to remain annoymous

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, someone on my course at uni. knows I post on here on account of us chancing upon each other; he's hardly a regular user though. I do wonder if he's gone walkies through my post history and seen me *****ing about them all.:ninja: A few of my friends know I browse here, I don't think I'd ever admit to having paid for a subscription though; that would just be a step too far.

I do browse it on campus; last year in reduced sized windows, but now I just don't care. I'd actually quite like someone to come up to me and ask if I'm FDH.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    One or two know, it mostly just doesn't crop up in conversation. Plus I'm using it less and less every day, so the temptation to mention it drops.

ReputationRep:
    I openly mention it and if it crops up in conversation I don't really mind. Just another aspect of life as everything else is I suppose.

ReputationRep:
    i'll bring it up if something relevant occurs. but don't go outa my way. if that makes sense.

ReputationRep:
    Why exactly should being part of the TSR community be a 'dirty little secret'?
    I really can't see how moderately using this forum can be seen as embarrassing.

ReputationRep:
    Only my stalkers know about my presence here.

(Original post by Svefngenglar)
    Why exactly should being part of the TSR community be a 'dirty little secret'?
    I really can't see how moderately using this forum can be seen as embarrassing.
    Oh, it's not embarrassing. It's just that keeping real life and TSR separate reduces... complications.

ReputationRep:
    Its really embarassing.
    I talk about it to my bestfriend evry now and then, only coz she uses TSR too.
    But i would never tell other people about it!

ReputationRep:
    I'd get beaten up/get the mick heavily taken out of me if I admitted I posted here.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 21, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.