The Student Room Group

Unplanned pregnancy

I’ve been my girlfriend for 8 months now she was a rebound after ending a 10years relationship,but I was about to end the relationship after 5months to get back with my ex but then she found out she’s 14 weeks pregnant,she’s stopped the pill without me knowing and she’s keeping the baby,Since she’s been pregnant I’m very snappy at her for no reason as she hasn’t done anything wrong and I don’t like her been around anymore I only see her maybe once or twice a week now after been with each other everyday since the day we met,I feel very down over the whole situation she’s a lot younger than me and I don’t love her and never have and I feel like I can’t be excited about the baby,I’m scared to speak about my feelings as I don’t want to stress her out with her carrying my child and she’s looking for a house for us both and I really don’t want to move in together but I know I’m going to have too,could things get better for me when the baby arrives? Can you grow to love someone if I don’t after 8 months? Things weren’t ment to end up up like this but here I am having a baby with someone I don’t love and still in love with my ex and want her back! I’ll be 100% support my child but I don’t know how much longer I can carry on pretending everything is fine between us when it’s not! I’ve always wanted a child but it’s with the wrong person and I feel devastated that I’ve messed up the chance now to get back with my ex who I really want to be with
(edited 3 years ago)
You haven't let her know your feelings? When she could have got an abortion?

This sounds like an awful situation ngl. Having a baby is an absolutely huge amount of work and financial cost and most of your life before that is probably over. Even going to the pub for an hour can be a huge effort - either someone else needs to take baby, or you have to convince already exhausted mother that she needs to take baby for even longer. Even stable relationships can and do falter.

All I can say is that whatever your relationship with the mother (and you're already accusing her of an absolutely abhorrent manipulation by deliberately stopping contraception, so not a great start), its not the baby's fault. Baby is not a pawn in a game, or a weapon to use. Prioritise baby over whatever else is happening.

Good luck - you will need it.
How can you call someone your girlfriend for 8 months but you never loved her ? You have put yourself in this situation and now you will have to deal with the consequences.

My advise is to communicate like a grown adult to your girlfriend about your lack of feelings towards that. If you can’t even do that, then good luck with a child.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
You haven't let her know your feelings? When she could have got an abortion?

This sounds like an awful situation ngl. Having a baby is an absolutely huge amount of work and financial cost and most of your life before that is probably over. Even going to the pub for an hour can be a huge effort - either someone else needs to take baby, or you have to convince already exhausted mother that she needs to take baby for even longer. Even stable relationships can and do falter.

All I can say is that whatever your relationship with the mother (and you're already accusing her of an absolutely abhorrent manipulation by deliberately stopping contraception, so not a great start), its not the baby's fault. Baby is not a pawn in a game, or a weapon to use. Prioritise baby over whatever else is happening.

Good luck - you will need it.

Original post by daniellasax17
How can you call someone your girlfriend for 8 months but you never loved her ? You have put yourself in this situation and now you will have to deal with the consequences.

My advise is to communicate like a grown adult to your girlfriend about your lack of feelings towards that. If you can’t even do that, then good luck with a child.

Thank you for your reply I just don’t know where to start as u feel guilty because she thinks everything is fine and she’s all excited and I’m not
Once the baba arrives you’ll look at her differently and start to love her
Original post by Feelinglost
I’ve been my girlfriend for 8 months now she was a rebound after ending a 10years relationship,but I was about to end the relationship after 5months to get back with my ex but then she found out she’s 14 weeks pregnant,she’s stopped the pill without me knowing and she’s keeping the baby,Since she’s been pregnant I’m very snappy at her for no reason as she hasn’t done anything wrong and I don’t like her been around anymore I only see her maybe once or twice a week now after been with each other everyday since the day we met,I feel very down over the whole situation she’s a lot younger than me and I don’t love her and never have and I feel like I can’t be excited about the baby,I’m scared to speak about my feelings as I don’t want to stress her out with her carrying my child and she’s looking for a house for us both and I really don’t want to move in together but I know I’m going to have too,could things get better for me when the baby arrives? Can you grow to love someone if I don’t after 8 months? Things weren’t ment to end up up like this but here I am having a baby with someone I don’t love and still in love with my ex and want her back! I’ll be 100% support my child but I don’t know how much longer I can carry on pretending everything is fine between us when it’s not! I’ve always wanted a child but it’s with the wrong person and I feel devastated that I’ve messed up the chance now to get back with my ex who I really want to be with

You have a child now take the responsibility for him/ her and be a good father. Try to create a good life for them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending