Why do some people aimlessly spout things such as **** the Tories?

Watch
HeisenbergsDad
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I've seen many anti-conservative posts on social media which flame the party with no context.

Why do people do this?

I'm not a conservative voter but a lot of young people my age seem to have prejudices about the conservative party. Are people just not thinking and shouting things they think are popular among their peers?
-Imperator-
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by HeisenbergsDad)
I'm not a conservative voter but a lot of young people my age seem to have prejudices about the conservative party. Are people just not thinking and shouting things they think are popular among their peers?
Yep, ideology/prejudice. Our environment has a large influence on many of our initial beliefs.
E: "Primitive" political groups often engage in this kind of behaviour. Consider the Islamophobic chants rehearsed by the EDL.
Last edited by -Imperator-; 3 weeks ago
64Lightbulbs
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
i find it somewhat therapeutic
-Imperator-
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
If you want a lesson in how to outclass these kinds of people:
imlikeahermit
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Because haters gon hate.
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Trolls, angry keyboard warriors or clickbaiters desperate for some attention.
imlikeahermit
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by londonmyst)
Trolls, angry keyboard warriors or clickbaiters desperate for some attention.
Describing half the members on here
caravaggio2
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I've never heard somebody say or write Labour scum.
I have literally lost count of the number of times I've seen people shouting Tory scum, it must run into thousands.
Even their front benchers say it in the house. They cant help themselves🙄
Starship Trooper
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by -Imperator-)
If you want a lesson in how to outclass these kinds of people:
No. Just No.

This is the dumbest possible response and typical of Mogg who is an effete poser and is typical of many 'right wingers' who are, bluntly nerds, losers and cowards.

This is something that lefties get Instinctively. Imagine if some labour MP was confronted some EDL Knucklehead who calls them s filthy communist.... Do you think they would and try and engage them in rational debate?

Know they'd either ignore them or call them scum. If people obviously hate you don't try and justify yourself to them thereby giving credence to their views. You also give the correct impression of weakness. Same with the leftie mobs that thinks anyone right wing is Hitler.

Mogg Getting approached by Antifa Mob calling him a Nazi. 'Ah you seem like reasonable chaps, ever read Milton Friedman?' *Proceeds to get beaten up* ... Later complains on twitter about how the left are the real fascists...

God I miss Trump..
Joleee
Badges: 19
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by caravaggio2)
I've never heard somebody say or write Labour scum.
I have literally lost count of the number of times I've seen people shouting Tory scum, it must run into thousands.
Even their front benchers say it in the house. They cant help themselves🙄
that last para is literally true (well i watched the video on YouTube and couldn't hear her say it but that's the accusation ).

i tried to find the origins of the phrase 'Tory scrum' by google but couldn't. best i could find was this 2010 article that calls the phrase 'Tory scrum' - "the ancient British roar" and "ancient cry", so obvs goes back to god knows when.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.the...demonstrations

if it's an 'ancient' protest slogan coined by non-Tories then of course it wouldn't make sense for Tories or whatever to use it against Labour. it'd be like Coke and Pepsi both using the slogan 'Taste the real thing'. just saying.

re op: i don't do social media so don't know what you're talking about, but i mean it goes both ways tho, especially to 'flame the party with no context' and form prejudices. like, does one honestly think the average person is educated enough on a subject and objective enough to speak accurately, or that they don't make political assumptions based on their own political bias and favourite media outlet? few at best even try to look at political issues from both sides and then come up with a reasoned political argument when it's so much easier to rant about how the other side is automatically dumb or irrational, or immoral just cuz they happen to be on the other side.
Starship Trooper
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Nothing new either btw

Name:  Screenshot_2021-03-29-21-31-05-23.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  127.2 KB
HeisenbergsDad
Rep:
?
I just find it puzzling when somebody says they hate the tory party and don't provide a reason.

Also, labour isn't all roses. Nuclear disarment anybody?
Burton Bridge
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I just find it puzzling when somebody says they hate the tory party and don't provide a reason.

Also, labour isn't all roses. Nuclear disarment anybody?
We don't have a nuclear disarment policy, get your facts right.
HeisenbergsDad
Rep:
?
(Original post by Burton Bridge)
We don't have a nuclear disarment policy, get your facts right.

Sorry I meant they wouldn't use the nuclear weapons lol
Burton Bridge
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Sorry I meant they wouldn't use the nuclear weapons lol
Thats never been a policy either!

Amazing the same people bent out of shape about a barmy brash statement from Trump saying he would use them are the same willfully misinterpreting Corbyn for saying he would "analyse the situation" to get bent out of shape that he wouldn't :rolleyes:
Contested Claim
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
To quote Winston Churchill:

I hate the Tory party, their men, their words and their methods.
L i b
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Contested Claim)
To quote Winston Churchill:

I hate the Tory party, their men, their words and their methods.
Quite a lot of Tories have a bit of a love/hate relationship with the party. Depending on your stance, it's variously ruled by a bunch of mad old tossers or a bunch of hoody-hugging wets. I'm a Conservative, but ultimately I'm a liberal conservative - very comfortable with Cameronism, but pretty repulsed by the ERG types and the too-strident-by-half young fogies that seem to think they're living in an Ayn Rand novel. I'm pretty sure 'that' section of the party felt just as alienated, if not more, under the coalition years.

It's a broad church, which is probably why it is quite electorally successful. It's also a frustrating pain in the arse.
barnet1471
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
The Conservative Party historically has supported the monarchy, believed in the moral values of Christianity, small government and low spending, and supported the military. None of which applies to this present government.
Rakas21
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I've seen many anti-conservative posts on social media which flame the party with no context.

Why do people do this?

I see it as envy and frustration.

The left continue to lose because they rarely if ever consider that they need to win the argument rather than consider that a bunch of woke people protesting may not be indicative of the wider population. Because they don't believe their views are that of a narrow minority they don't understand why they lose and so think people are stupid and/or being manipulated by evil Tories who they don't seem to be able to beat (insert rant about right wing media and some such excuse for their pitiful losses).

Note that many lefties are reasonable people and don't go around making such statements.
-Imperator-
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by barnet1471)
The Conservative Party historically has supported the monarchy, believed in the moral values of Christianity, small government and low spending, and supported the military.
I wouldn't say the Conservative party has historically supported small government. Only right-libertarians within the party have.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (136)
4.87%
Uncertainty around my education (410)
14.68%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (314)
11.25%
Lack of purpose or motivation (392)
14.04%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (127)
4.55%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (170)
6.09%
Loneliness (243)
8.7%
Financial worries (100)
3.58%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (113)
4.05%
Exposure to negative news/social media (129)
4.62%
Lack of real life entertainment (149)
5.34%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (244)
8.74%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (265)
9.49%

Watched Threads