Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hi, just wondering what plans csm students have for their accommodation if you're also on a budget?

I initially thought i'd be going to lcf so cordwainers court was the perfect option, roughly £170 a week and right next to the campus so no extra travel costs for a commute. but it now looks like i'll probably be going to csm and the nearest halls is sketch house which is like £240 which will leave me broke if i go there!

is anyone else in a similar position? i'd love to stay in halls for my first year but now i'm thinking it may me best to just do a house/flat share in islington near the campus
University of the Arts London Student Reps
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hi there,

Firstly I wouldn't worry about not being able to be in the halls closest to your campus, if that is an option, as you'll find a mix of students from all the different colleges across all the UAL halls. You can get a student oyster card to make travel cheaper too. There are also some privately owned halls that may have cheaper room options.

If you're still considering private accommodation then I can recommend you check out the UAL/Arts SU Housing Facebook page and the University of London Housing page for alternative options to UAL halls.

As much as I enjoyed living in halls in my first year and met lots of people I knew other people living at home or in alternative housing who still got a great university experience so please don't be anxious that you'll miss out.

Have you looked at the UAL Funding webpage to see if you can get some more support?

I hope that is of some help and please do not hesitate to ask if you have any further questions about living in London on a budget or UAL in general.

All the best,

Tegan
UAL Student Rep
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by University of the Arts London Student Reps)
Hi there,

Firstly I wouldn't worry about not being able to be in the halls closest to your campus, if that is an option, as you'll find a mix of students from all the different colleges across all the UAL halls. You can get a student oyster card to make travel cheaper too. There are also some privately owned halls that may have cheaper room options.

If you're still considering private accommodation then I can recommend you check out the UAL/Arts SU Housing Facebook page and the University of London Housing page for alternative options to UAL halls.

As much as I enjoyed living in halls in my first year and met lots of people I knew other people living at home or in alternative housing who still got a great university experience so please don't be anxious that you'll miss out.

Have you looked at the UAL Funding webpage to see if you can get some more support?

I hope that is of some help and please do not hesitate to ask if you have any further questions about living in London on a budget or UAL in general.

All the best,

Tegan
UAL Student Rep
thanks for all the info i'll have a look into all of that! also i think i can say on behalf of everyone on the ual threads i really appreciate how helpful you are with everything !!! :]
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (187)
5.01%
Uncertainty around my education (546)
14.63%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (418)
11.2%
Lack of purpose or motivation (514)
13.77%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (185)
4.96%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (222)
5.95%
Loneliness (313)
8.39%
Financial worries (138)
3.7%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (145)
3.89%
Exposure to negative news/social media (168)
4.5%
Lack of real life entertainment (212)
5.68%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (333)
8.92%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (351)
9.41%

Watched Threads