The Student Room Group

Help my mind ease - Am I pregnant?

Hello, lets get to the point-

2 nights ago, my boyfriend and I were experimenting in the bedroom and I was on my last day of my period. (Last night of my period) And I was wearing two pairs of underwear, one being period pants, a folded piece of toilet paper and some long, thin, leggings that weren't tight.

My boyfriend and I were, in a sense, having dry sex? Like, so I was clothed but he wasn't? It’s hard to explain. But I think he had pre-*** while we were doing that and I had been thinking, could it get me pregnant? As I was wearing clothing.

I’ve already read through a lot and saw that the chances are slim but I want to see if my case is the same, so please help me ease my mind because I’m having anxiety attacks and I don’t know what to do!
Honestly I wouldn’t say so, if you’re worried about it just take a test or wait around 9 days and take a test as sometimes if you do it too early you’ll get a false negative as it’s too early x
Also are you on any type of contraception?
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
Honestly I wouldn’t say so, if you’re worried about it just take a test or wait around 9 days and take a test as sometimes if you do it too early you’ll get a false negative as it’s too early x

I don't have a test, and I dont feel comfortable buying one, is there any other way I can tell? Or should I just talk to my mother and see if she can help in any way x
Reply 4
Also are you on any type of contraception?

No, I’m not on anything
I don't have a test, and I dont feel comfortable buying one, is there any other way I can tell? Or should I just talk to my mother and see if she can help in any way x

I mean the only other way you’re going to tell without doing tests is in a few months when you’ve got a bump. Might be best just to say to her and explain that you want to be on the safe side, especially if you aren’t on any contraception. I don’t really see a high possibility of you being pregnant but it might be best to see about getting contraception
Reply 6
I mean the only other way you’re going to tell without doing tests is in a few months when you’ve got a bump. Might be best just to say to her and explain that you want to be on the safe side, especially if you aren’t on any contraception. I don’t really see a high possibility of you being pregnant but it might be best to see about getting contraception

Okay, thank you, but my mother is a strict person, and I dont know how to tell her... As she would never expect this from me (I’m a virgin) How do I tell her?
Okay, thank you, but my mother is a strict person, and I dont know how to tell her... As she would never expect this from me (I’m a virgin) How do I tell her?

My mum was very strict aswell and honestly just explaining it to her that you didn’t actually have sex but you’re worried just incase you may be pregnant. Maybe someone you know could buy a test for you? You can order them online if you didn’t want her knowing, just buy something off Amazon that’s cheap so if she asked what ordered you can say whatever the other thing was
Reply 8
My mum was very strict aswell and honestly just explaining it to her that you didn’t actually have sex but you’re worried just incase you may be pregnant. Maybe someone you know could buy a test for you? You can order them online if you didn’t want her knowing, just buy something off Amazon that’s cheap so if she asked what ordered you can say whatever the other thing was

Thank you, but Im still worried that she might make me break up with my boyfriend or look down upon me and love me less :frown:
Thank you, but Im still worried that she might make me break up with my boyfriend or look down upon me and love me less :frown:

I know this is from a week ago but hopefully you haven't done anything yet. The other person is giving you really bad advice, your only options aren't to take a test or wait until you have a bump. There is a really easy sign if you are pregnant that doesn't involve telling anyone and that is missing your period! If you get your period as normal then you're not pregnant and you don't need to take a test or tell your mom anything. It's very unlikely you're pregnant though seeing as there was 3 layers between your vagina and your boyfriend's penis.
Original post by howitoughttobe
I know this is from a week ago but hopefully you haven't done anything yet. The other person is giving you really bad advice, your only options aren't to take a test or wait until you have a bump. There is a really easy sign if you are pregnant that doesn't involve telling anyone and that is missing your period! If you get your period as normal then you're not pregnant and you don't need to take a test or tell your mom anything. It's very unlikely you're pregnant though seeing as there was 3 layers between your vagina and your boyfriend's penis.

I wouldn’t say it was bad advise. It’s a little silly leaving it until you don’t have a period as that leaving it longer which meant if she is pregnant, it’s letting it go further on. If she was going to be getting rid of it, The further you are into a pregnancy, the more complex it is to terminate it. Also getting your period does not automatically mean that you are not pregnant, many many women have said you get spotting a couple months after they became pregnant which made them think they weren’t. The more responsible thing to do was to just take a test. Also the fact you said ‘Hopefully you haven’t done anything’ is not great, she seams like she quite young based on what she’s saying and if was pregnant, not doing anything about it is a silly way to go.
But besides all that honestly honey, you’re probably like 99.9% not pregnant.
I wouldn’t say it was bad advise. It’s a little silly leaving it until you don’t have a period as that leaving it longer which meant if she is pregnant, it’s letting it go further on. If she was going to be getting rid of it, The further you are into a pregnancy, the more complex it is to terminate it. Also getting your period does not automatically mean that you are not pregnant, many many women have said you get spotting a couple months after they became pregnant which made them think they weren’t. The more responsible thing to do was to just take a test. Also the fact you said ‘Hopefully you haven’t done anything’ is not great, she seams like she quite young based on what she’s saying and if was pregnant, not doing anything about it is a silly way to go.

Missing your period is the first sign of pregnancy for most women. You act like waiting for your period will delay things by weeks, if you're pregnant you'll generally miss your period about 2-3 weeks after conception, this is around the same time as you can first take a pregnancy test so you're not really delaying anything. And abortions at 4 weeks are not complex, complex abortions happen much later on. Getting a period when pregnant isn't common and spotting is different to a period so most women would know the difference.

The reason I said that I hoped she hadn't done anything yet is because it has only been just over a week so there isn't anything she could do in that time other than tell her mother which by her own admission could have very bad consequences. It is much simpler to just wait and see if she gets her period as normal. If she does then she doesn't need to tell anyone and her life can remain the same.

Quick Reply

Latest