Is Casio fx-cg50 allowed in Edexcel IAL exams?

Watch
Aloe Striata
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
So today at school I was cornered by a teacher who kept on telling me I couldn't use my cg50 since it's not allowed on the exam. From what I understand (reading the spec and JCQ guidelines) there's nothing a cg50 can do that might prohibit one from using it on the test, provided of course that the calculator is under exam mode (which mine was). Any maths teachers who can confirm?
Aloe Striata
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
Bump — I have an exam tomorrow
driagonv
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
bump
driagonv
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
hey Aloe Striata I am also an IAL student, I'd like to know if the CG50 is allowed too please, and I think you know by now, sorry if I'm bothering!
Aloe Striata
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi! I haven't really found out to be honest :') but looking at the JCQ guidelines and our textbooks too (you'll notice on one of the pages at the beginning how if you have access to EdexcelOnline there are graphical calculator tutorials) I think it's allowed, and my school's exam officer has confirmed it too. I think some teachers still disagree but the main authority in this regard is the exam officer so you should ask the one at your school too. Graphical calculators are allowed and the cg-50 is no different from any other graphical calculator apart from it's coloured and backlit screen when it's in exam mode.
Maths Fan
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Yes it’s allowed.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (155)
54.96%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (41)
14.54%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (31)
10.99%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (26)
9.22%
I haven't started researching yet (16)
5.67%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (13)
4.61%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise