Brighton VS Bournemouth University of the Arts for illustration

Watch
itsanna13
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hello!

I’ve applied to both Brighton and Bournemouth uni of arts for illustration and received an offer from both
However, I’m having a really hard time choosing between the two, both have really great pros and some cons. If anyone has any experiences at either university for this course or just the city in general please reply!

Thanks
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by itsanna13)
Hello!

I’ve applied to both Brighton and Bournemouth uni of arts for illustration and received an offer from both
However, I’m having a really hard time choosing between the two, both have really great pros and some cons. If anyone has any experiences at either university for this course or just the city in general please reply!

Thanks
Have you looked at the online 2020 graduate show for each course? That is a really good way to get a feel for the type of work and styles that are supported at each university.

What would you say are the pros and cons of each? That might help other people comment on which is a good match for you (my pro could be your con!)
itsanna13
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I’d say that for Brighton I really love the city itself and the course seems to be quite known for its wacky style which could help me really develop some great art but I’m not confident about the studio space and their website doesn’t appeal to me as much it seems quite behind and doesn’t really show off it’s work and achievements as much.

For Bournemouth I think it’s great as it’s a dedicated university for arts, they have tons of studio space and their work is presently so nicely. I love their website and the student work is amazing and maybe more my style? The only issue is maybe the location and size? I don’t really know where it stands against Brighton and I worry that I’d miss out on the bigger city near London.

It’s such a tough choice!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (132)
4.92%
Uncertainty around my education (398)
14.85%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (299)
11.15%
Lack of purpose or motivation (377)
14.06%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (121)
4.51%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (163)
6.08%
Loneliness (229)
8.54%
Financial worries (98)
3.66%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (109)
4.07%
Exposure to negative news/social media (122)
4.55%
Lack of real life entertainment (141)
5.26%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (236)
8.8%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (256)
9.55%

Watched Threads