Adam124666vksg
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hi, I'm getting ready for the end of my 1st year of my UAL Level 3 diploma course I'm currently on, and I'm wondering if the 2nd year of this course is an extended diploma as I was checking the UCAS tariff calculator to see what points I'll get if I get my predicted grades. I'm pretty sure it is an extended year as it's optional as I know people on my course are going to university this year but I'm going to do the next year and apply for university this September. but I don't want to say it is an extended year then calculate wrong. I wanted to ask my teacher but it's half term. I also can't find anywhere to clarify it. Can someone clarify that for me it would be much appreciated.
Kumaa1995
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Adam124666vksg)
Hi, I'm getting ready for the end of my 1st year of my UAL Level 3 diploma course I'm currently on, and I'm wondering if the 2nd year of this course is an extended diploma as I was checking the UCAS tariff calculator to see what points I'll get if I get my predicted grades. I'm pretty sure it is an extended year as it's optional as I know people on my course are going to university this year but I'm going to do the next year and apply for university this September. but I don't want to say it is an extended year then calculate wrong. I wanted to ask my teacher but it's half term. I also can't find anywhere to clarify it. Can someone clarify that for me it would be much appreciated.
Whether or not it is an extended diploma or not is entirely dependent on the number of credits you obtain. Both Diploma and Extended Diploma should be 2-year courses.

If my memory serves me correctly, if you're doing 120 credits then your award will be Diploma. If it's 180 credits, then your award should be Extended Diploma. This is how I recall it being anyway.

How many units will you have done by the end of the 2-year course?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (136)
4.87%
Uncertainty around my education (410)
14.69%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (313)
11.21%
Lack of purpose or motivation (392)
14.05%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (127)
4.55%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (170)
6.09%
Loneliness (243)
8.71%
Financial worries (100)
3.58%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (113)
4.05%
Exposure to negative news/social media (129)
4.62%
Lack of real life entertainment (149)
5.34%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (244)
8.74%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (265)
9.49%

Watched Threads