username4973148
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
So when I sat my GCSE maths I got a level 5. This was with zero revision and I didn’t really care about my education until a year ago. I’ve been offered a place to study BSc Planning and Real Estate and eventually would like to go into Real Estate Asset Management. Would it be worth resitting my maths GCSE as I feel I could do a lot better. I would only do this however, if this could affect me getting a job in this sector
Thanks
Jonathanツ
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Do you really need any higher for real estate?

I also got a 5 at GCSE and was kinda thinking the same thing but I really don't think it's worth it. I heard that most employees look at the highest level of education you have (your degree). As far as I'm aware a grade 5 shows that you understand the basic concepts of maths. I have no idea how much math is involved in real estate but I'm planning on doing a physics foundation year (followed by a physics degree) which definitely requires a lot of maths... will I resit though? probably not but it's your choice.
ajj2000
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
you need to check job ads for firms you might like to work for and see if they have a minimum requirement. Real estate planning is a pretty numerate field so may be worth studying to improve your level of maths in any case.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you consider Adjustment if your grades were higher than you expected?

Yes, I'd look at higher ranking universities than my current choices (150)
42.37%
Yes, I'd look for a course or uni that is a better fit for me (53)
14.97%
No, I'd stick with my current uni choice (143)
40.4%
Something else (let us know in the thread below!) (8)
2.26%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed