The Student Room Group

can someone mark my unseen poetry exam its 16 marks all together

The poet explores the theme of love in this poem through using the 'imagery' technique. The poet uses this to help the reader get a clear understanding of what the poet is talking about.
The poet opens up the poem using the phrase, '' The new world of Columbus likes to be loved first,'' the poet uses the word 'love' which is repeated throughout this poem; is the theme of this abstract poem . Further on the poet uses the phrase, '' The world i have discovered wants only to love,'' Looking back at both phrases the poet is giving the reader a message that nowadays people like to be loved first they rely on other people to do things first but on the poets perspective they only want love they don't really like to rely on other people as love comes from the heart. The poet contrast the theme of love in the poem to give the reader a valuable message that love is only one

the poem that i have used for the answer is:
The world that i have discovered

and could you grade it please thankyou:smile:
Original post by Sabahmehk01
The poet explores the theme of love in this poem through using the 'imagery' technique. The poet uses this to help the reader get a clear understanding of what the poet is talking about.
The poet opens up the poem using the phrase, '' The new world of Columbus likes to be loved first,'' the poet uses the word 'love' which is repeated throughout this poem; is the theme of this abstract poem . Further on the poet uses the phrase, '' The world i have discovered wants only to love,'' Looking back at both phrases the poet is giving the reader a message that nowadays people like to be loved first they rely on other people to do things first but on the poets perspective they only want love they don't really like to rely on other people as love comes from the heart. The poet contrast the theme of love in the poem to give the reader a valuable message that love is only one

the poem that i have used for the answer is:
The world that i have discovered

and could you grade it please thankyou:smile:

That’s all you wrote for 16 marks?
Reply 2
Original post by 5hyl33n
That’s all you wrote for 16 marks?

yes whats wrong with it can you help
Original post by Sabahmehk01
yes whats wrong with it can you help

Quite a lot. First of all thats barely anyhting. econdly, you havent really answered the question. You need to have a clear structure of what you are doing. You then need clear evidence. Then analyse the quote and expalin its effect. Why has that quote been used? Use more sopisticated vocbularly. If i was to mark out of 16 you would be looking around 5 marks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending