Abertay University, looking for accommodation

Watch
T_A4
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
So I'm starting in September 2021, I need some help with the accommodation and whole process of picking, beyond that I have no idea how the University or agencies decide who gets put in the same halls or if it's just first come first serve, can anyone help a brother out?
sanct1fy
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
- what's your budget? (or maintenance loan)
- how much are you gonna be spending monthly on groceries, clothes, hobbies, takeaways etc.?

AFTER you've calculated all of this, you wanna start looking at the accommodations at Abertay. If your budget isn't the highest, or you don't wanna waste/splurge your cash on a MASSIVE room, I'd suggest just picking the standard dorm room. Abertay has different Halls (different accommodation buildings) with varying prices, varying looking accommodations, local shops, environments and so on and so forth. Here's the website for all the accommodations at Abertay that you can look through.

https://www.abertay.ac.uk/accommodat...accommodation/

Again, I'd suggest just looking at the standard rooms if you don't wanna drain all your money. If however, you want to look at other accommodations, read about them, look at reviews online, watch some youtube videos, look on TSR too! There's tons of stuff you can do to find out information about the accommodation. You can also ask Abertay directly by pressing that massive orange 'ask us a question' button when you go onto that link. If you're unsure about how to apply for accommodation, click on the accommodation you're thinking about applying for...and you'll see this MASSIVE PURPLE BUTTON THAT SAYS 'how to apply'. you literally cannot miss it after you've clicked on a specific accommodation. you only get offers for accommodation once you've met your requirements if you have a conditional offer but you obvs apply once you've firmed. i dont want to sound harsh, but i don't go to abertay, and i just did a quick google search and everything you asked is on there website. there are literal guides on how to do everything you asked. here are some links for you to go to:

how to apply for accommodation
costs of rent
room options
FAQ
virtual tour

i wanted to help you out brother, but there's nothing a simple google search can't do. well, there is, but looking for info on Abertay really is simple
T_A4
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
(Original post by sanct1fy)
- what's your budget? (or maintenance loan)
- how much are you gonna be spending monthly on groceries, clothes, hobbies, takeaways etc.?

AFTER you've calculated all of this, you wanna start looking at the accommodations at Abertay. If your budget isn't the highest, or you don't wanna waste/splurge your cash on a MASSIVE room, I'd suggest just picking the standard dorm room. Abertay has different Halls (different accommodation buildings) with varying prices, varying looking accommodations, local shops, environments and so on and so forth. Here's the website for all the accommodations at Abertay that you can look through.

https://www.abertay.ac.uk/accommodat...accommodation/

Again, I'd suggest just looking at the standard rooms if you don't wanna drain all your money. If however, you want to look at other accommodations, read about them, look at reviews online, watch some youtube videos, look on TSR too! There's tons of stuff you can do to find out information about the accommodation. You can also ask Abertay directly by pressing that massive orange 'ask us a question' button when you go onto that link. If you're unsure about how to apply for accommodation, click on the accommodation you're thinking about applying for...and you'll see this MASSIVE PURPLE BUTTON THAT SAYS 'how to apply'. you literally cannot miss it after you've clicked on a specific accommodation. you only get offers for accommodation once you've met your requirements if you have a conditional offer but you obvs apply once you've firmed. i dont want to sound harsh, but i don't go to abertay, and i just did a quick google search and everything you asked is on there website. there are literal guides on how to do everything you asked. here are some links for you to go to:

how to apply for accommodation
costs of rent
room options
FAQ
virtual tour

i wanted to help you out brother, but there's nothing a simple google search can't do. well, there is, but looking for info on Abertay really is simple
I appreciate the response and I took no offense, I looked on their site and looked at local places to rent, they have a mix of prices and what you can get for a set budget, my bigger concern though is who I'll be sharing space with. I'm good with all people of all walks but, if you can specify certain thing e.g. dietry (if your sharing fridges and stuff), it would be helpful.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (7)
50%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (1)
7.14%
No I am happy with my choice (6)
42.86%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (0)
0%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise