Calorie deficit

Watch
Seraniii
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Bit of a daft question but I’ve been on a calorie deficit for 4 months and have lost 2.3 stones. I’ve consumed around 1,500 to lose the weight but recently due to having no appetite I’ve eaten around 1,300-1,400 if I go back to eating 1,500 will I gain weight? Such a silly thing to be a afraid of but I need reassurance lol.
JaseyB
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
It depends if you are still losing weight? If so then probably not, if you are not currently losing weight then going back to 1500 might cause your weight to go up, however it will be very slowl, not sure if you are male or not but you should look to start increasing your calories a bit anyway.
Seraniii
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by JaseyB)
It depends if you are still losing weight? If so then probably not, if you are not currently losing weight then going back to 1500 might cause your weight to go up, however it will be very slowl, not sure if you are male or not but you should look to start increasing your calories a bit anyway.
I’m a female and I’m around 5”4 I don’t like checking my weight very often bc I get to obsessed and make unrealistic goals. But thank you I’ll take your advice!
mason.taylor.16
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Depends on your BMR, if you’ve heavily restricted your calories to the point that your TDEE is 1500 (let’s hope not) then you’ll be maintaining weight at 1500 due to muscle tissue loss. The more lean tissue you have on your body the more calories you’ll burn, I’d suggest spending a week or 2 eating the exact same calories and seeing if there’s a pattern in your weight weekly if it goes down you know you’re losing weight and up for weight gain etc and see by how much
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (184)
5.01%
Uncertainty around my education (539)
14.67%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (408)
11.11%
Lack of purpose or motivation (507)
13.8%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (182)
4.95%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (221)
6.02%
Loneliness (310)
8.44%
Financial worries (135)
3.67%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (145)
3.95%
Exposure to negative news/social media (166)
4.52%
Lack of real life entertainment (209)
5.69%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (327)
8.9%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (341)
9.28%

Watched Threads