The Student Room Group

Student Finance Application Questions

Hello,
I've got two questions about the SFE Application
1) I was told that as a student with Settled Status under the EU withdrawal agreement, I don't need to send a passport or fill out anything to prove identity - I just need my share code. However, after the application stage, the government website says all UK students need to share passport details or send birth certificate. What should I do, as an EU national with settled status?
2) If we put a university down in the application, can we change this afterwards online?
Original post by sammydoublet1
Hello,
I've got two questions about the SFE Application
1) I was told that as a student with Settled Status under the EU withdrawal agreement, I don't need to send a passport or fill out anything to prove identity - I just need my share code. However, after the application stage, the government website says all UK students need to share passport details or send birth certificate. What should I do, as an EU national with settled status?
2) If we put a university down in the application, can we change this afterwards online?

Good Afternoon,

1) This is correct, you only need to provide your share-code information as you have settled status. UK students will be in reference to a UK National with a UK passport or UK birth certificate, who do not have things such as EU share-codes.

The university can be changed after an application has been submitted.

Warm Regards.

Shaun.
Original post by Shaun SFE
Good Afternoon,

1) This is correct, you only need to provide your share-code information as you have settled status. UK students will be in reference to a UK National with a UK passport or UK birth certificate, who do not have things such as EU share-codes.

The university can be changed after an application has been submitted.

Warm Regards.

Shaun.

Thanks Shaun - after having applied (which I haven't done yet), will I receive a request for a share code and thats it? If so, will this come in the form of an email? etc
Original post by sammydoublet1
Thanks Shaun - after having applied (which I haven't done yet), will I receive a request for a share code and thats it? If so, will this come in the form of an email? etc

There is an option on the application to provide the share code :smile:

Warm Regards,

Shaun.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending