Tier 4 in Uk: Youtube Channels

Watch
Car00
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hi ya, I would need some help here if anyone is familiar with the visa regulation etc. I'm uncertain on the regulation for opening Youtube Channel in UK as a Tier 4 student. If I am just purely uploading piano playing music videos, will that be against to my visa in terms of working hours? Thanks!
nnth
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Car00)
Hi ya, I would need some help here if anyone is familiar with the visa regulation etc. I'm uncertain on the regulation for opening Youtube Channel in UK as a Tier 4 student. If I am just purely uploading piano playing music videos, will that be against to my visa in terms of working hours? Thanks!
i don't know about the legalities of this issue, but surely as long as you're not making money from your YouTube channel it doesn't count? couldn't you make a case that it's a hobby rather than a job??
Car00
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by nnth)
i don't know about the legalities of this issue, but surely as longYa as you're not making money from your YouTube channel it doesn't count? couldn't you make a case that it's a hobby rather than a job??
Hi nnth ya is just purely playing piano videos for personal hobby. I was concern about the visa regulation as some posts said that if it generates income, it could be considered as 'work'. I have tried to search online and there weren't much information. Youtube to a certain point with the Adsense, could possibly provide some incomes...but there are some websites saying it is ok unless engaging in soliciting business deals without proper local tax IDs but if revenue comes from solely from views then that would not be illegal and there are many vlogs by international students...so kind of wonder where the line is drawn.
nnth
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Car00)
Hi nnth ya is just purely playing piano videos for personal hobby. I was concern about the visa regulation as some posts said that if it generates income, it could be considered as 'work'. I have tried to search online and there weren't much information. Youtube to a certain point with the Adsense, could possibly provide some incomes...but there are some websites saying it is ok unless engaging in soliciting business deals without proper local tax IDs but if revenue comes from solely from views then that would not be illegal and there are many vlogs by international students...so kind of wonder where the line is drawn.
yeah.. it is an ambiguous topic indeed. I'd just make the channel and if they ever harass you, say you're doing it as a hobby.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (164)
4.87%
Uncertainty around my education (495)
14.69%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (378)
11.22%
Lack of purpose or motivation (471)
13.98%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (162)
4.81%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (206)
6.11%
Loneliness (286)
8.49%
Financial worries (120)
3.56%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (135)
4.01%
Exposure to negative news/social media (153)
4.54%
Lack of real life entertainment (183)
5.43%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (301)
8.93%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (315)
9.35%

Watched Threads