Hailey629
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Hi everyone I was wondering how I can get better in maths as it’s my weakest subject at the moment. I would understand the stuff we learn very well and when it comes to exam or 2 lessons later I would have automatically forgotten how to work it out or needed a quick summary on how to do it and then I would be able to do the rest. What are ways I can improve my maths and get higher grades?? I have brought revision guides like past papers which I do for exams but is their any other ways that I can improve and really get the top grades. My exam board is edexcel as well
nnth
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Hailey629)
Hi everyone I was wondering how I can get better in maths as it’s my weakest subject at the moment. I would understand the stuff we learn very well and when it comes to exam or 2 lessons later I would have automatically forgotten how to work it out or needed a quick summary on how to do it and then I would be able to do the rest. What are ways I can improve my maths and get higher grades?? I have brought revision guides like past papers which I do for exams but is their any other ways that I can improve and really get the top grades. My exam board is edexcel as well
create a recap timetable where you go over what you studied that day for maths, you can use the study planner tool from the Get Revising part of TSR for this. e.g. you have maths on a Monday from 12 till 1 and are covering ratios. you can create a recap timetable where you recap that ratio lesson right after school, when you've arrived home, and just before bed. this spaced repetition will help you to memorise ratios
Hailey629
Rep:
?
I’ve always thought of doing that for the 3 lessons I do everyday in school but I think it will help me a lot to give this a go I also do the higher paper which I want to do for both maths and science but it’s just that I find that I get lower grades in maths and sometimes their are questions we have not covered in the subject and we all lose marks.
Kabzzzy
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Hailey629)
I’ve always thought of doing that for the 3 lessons I do everyday in school but I think it will help me a lot to give this a go I also do the higher paper which I want to do for both maths and science but it’s just that I find that I get lower grades in maths and sometimes their are questions we have not covered in the subject and we all lose marks.
If the latter is true, you should speak up to your teacher, or your form tutor, or your head of year/school, and let somebody know. It's not being rude, it literally is your maths teacher's job to teach you the curriculum for their exam board. As for revision sessions, the only thing that worked for me was doing loads of practise questions. Ideally closer to exam time so that it's fresh in your mind, but if you have access to a lot of them then you could make it a weekly thing.
Hailey629
Rep:
?
Yeah my teacher in my opinion is very good but for example our maths department rushes a lot of things it’s like we are constantly being timed he helps me a lot when im stuck but for example majority of the class did not understand changing the subject but he just moved on after showing it a few times even though we all were like sir we don’t understand and he came back later to it a few lessons later but left it after that and I still don’t understand it and I’ve done home revision on it as well. He said he will start catch up lessons with us after Easter which I will attend as I’m looking to get top grades but even in lockdown his teaching went off as he was using a maths website mathwatch we use and showed us the videos and then madd us answer questions with help from him. I have maths tomorrow so will ask help off him he usually takes his time after lessons when I ask help from him to go through a question I may bring to him to explain it to me or to give me help as he’s always trying to help me and others to get top grades in maths.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (164)
44.2%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (42)
11.32%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (31)
8.36%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (77)
20.75%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (35)
9.43%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (22)
5.93%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed